Glad I am not my sister

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is in bed now because she has to be at work by 3:45am tomorrow.. for black friday and she is supposed to work 12 hours.. but it could be longer. I am glad I don't work retail anymore lol.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't work retail but have to be at work at 9am. I need to bring a good book because it is going to be slooooowwwww. Most people think we are going to be closed. LOL

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeesh no thanks. I am glad i work my mom goes though I gave her some money to get stuff lol

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I don't work retail but have to be at work at 9am. I need to bring a good book because it is going to be slooooowwwww. Most people think we are going to be closed. LOL
I have to work 7-5, and we are going to be slow as well. Sometimes if they see that we have not done enough sales, they will let us out early, but last year they didnt.

And my boyfriend works in retail - He's working 3 a.m. to 4 p.m. I'm so glad I dont work retail.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I work retail.....11am-5pm. This should be fun.
i do too, and have to be there 6:30am till noon. I work for Wal-Mart, so this should be great fun.............NOT,lol!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

Oh, I see.
Good Luck everyone!!! It could get nasty!!!!
I remember a few years ago when we just had sales on about 2-3 times a year unlike every week as most of them are now, the crowds were like one massive stampede!

I would never go to them, but my sister went to a few and she said you would see people arguing about who picked what up first

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh! I'm sooo glad that I don't have to work retail either!!!

Although I could probably handle the witchy people in the morning...I'd still be asleep and they'd probably all like me..."Sure you say its 99% off? Here you go....ssssnnnxxxx...."

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

i do too, and have to be there 6:30am till noon. I work for Wal-Mart, so this should be great fun.............NOT,lol!
My s/o works for Wal-Mart too, and had to be there at 4 in the morning. YUK!!

I used to work there, too, and I remember the horrors all too well!
It's just horrid, and the people are just so rude & nasty!
Not to mention the fact that they'll just about kill someone, just to get that last DVD player that only costs $29.95.

When he came home this afternoon, he told me that they had a combination printer/copier/scanner for computers, on sale for $25.00 (originally priced at $109.00). He wanted to know if I wanted to get it: well, YEAH!
The printer we have now is shot, so at a price like that, who wouldn't want it!
I told him to pick one up tomorrow when he's back at work, but he figured that there wouldn't be any left by tomorrow, and went back to pick one up.
It's probably a good thing that he did, b/c there were only 12 left..
Not only did we need a printer, it's gonna be cool to have the scanner, too, b/c now I can scan pics of my furbabies to post on TCS!
(once I learn how to use it, that is!
)

I hate Black Friday! It's horrible! The days before and after Christmas are horrible, too: all those last-minute shoppers before, and the returns after..
I'm SO glad I don't work in retail any more! I pity anyone who does..

~KK~

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! No kidding! I was working for Target a few years ago and I had to do just about the same thing. It really stinks! People are crazy! I was told that I would get hit by at least one cart.....yeah, try three! Those crazy shopping ladies don't give a darn if you're in the way or not!!!!!