Could we please see

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some pics of your Turkeys and pumpkin pies in all there glory, just to keep me going untill Christmas gets here.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll post some once the turkey comes out of the oven. In fact I'll post the small spread.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, but the best I could do is snap a pic of the empty platters...

If I had taken my camera.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not doing pie or too much else. I have turkey in the slow cooker, will be doing potatoes, steamed then smashed (mashed potatoes) and a green veggie. will post a picture of the turkey in the cooker shortly (probably just edit this one)... it's a small turkey, about 9 pounds...

And another pic of my dinner plate before eating... yes, I was in front of the computer... bad me!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I didn't take a picture of this year's turkey, but would last year's do? Yes, I am lazy and cook in a foil pan!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well Abbysmum foil or no foil yours is top of my list so far. MMmmmmmmmmmm! just look at that crispy skin. Dont be surprised if you get another guest this year for dinner

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I'm not doing pie or too much else. I have turkey in the slow cooker, will be doing potatoes, steamed then smashed (mashed potatoes) and a green veggie. will post a picture of the turkey in the cooker shortly (probably just edit this one)... it's a small turkey, about 9 pounds...

And another pic of my dinner plate before eating... yes, I was in front of the computer... bad me!
Hmmm. I'm not seeing any veggies on that plate!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Hmmm. I'm not seeing any veggies on that plate!
Yeah... I know... here's the issue i had... since the crockpot was an experiment this year, it was done WAY before I was thinking it would be... so I scrambled to get the potatoes and stffing done. I had no room left in my teeny kitchen to cook some veggies. I was going to steam them with the potatoes, but ther was no room left in the tray and the second tray was in the dishwasher...

When I pulled the turkey out, it fell apart... so I scrambled yet again to fine enough things to put the parts in... if it had stayed together, it would have all fit on the chosen platter... so i had two dishes holding one dinky turkey. and no room left to make veggies... I'll make up for it tonight... and if i leave early enough for work (I volunteered to work today at the store) I can stop at Jamba Juice and get some fruit in me... would that be okay?

Amanda

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
sorry no pics. It was my year not to cook anything. (just to bring drinks)

Valerie

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here are pics of my bird.

It came out great. The really dark spots you see is the bacon that was put under the skin. It ended up being so juicy the meat almost fell off the bone while DH was carving it. If anyone wats the full recipie let me know and I will either post it or PM it to you.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here was our Thanksgiving turkey!!!! My granny raised it, 40 lbs!!!!! It was so big we had to make our own stand for it. My dad fries the turkey in peanut oil.