Itchy bump under skin?

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey guys...question about my Sunny...

We discovered a bump (about the size of a biggish bug bite) on Sunny's neck, under the fur. It seems to be quite itchy, because when I feel the area, she's overwhelmed with the urge to itch with her hind foot.

Now, I've parted the fur, and didn't see any flaky skin, any darkness to the area, nor much redness at all (just plain ol' pink skin). It obviously itches, given her reaction, but doesn't feel like it's got any (maybe a little) fluid in it. It's not a bot fly, because those are dark in color, and it didn't move at all. It's not rock hard, just feels like maybe a bug bite...

They do not have fleas, nor do they have any other health issues going on. Nothing in the house has changed that I can think of, so I don't think it's a skin allergy.

The vet's isn't open again until Monday, so I was wondering if anyone might possibly be able to help me figure out for now what's going on.

We'll be taking her in on Monday to be absolutely sure...so no worries there...but in the meantime...anyone have any ideas?

Thanks...

Rosie*

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is probably nothing to be concerned about but if she is still scratching at that area on Monday, I think that you are wise to have Sunny checked by your vet.
Sunny

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

If it is still there this long after your first post I would get it checked out
I didn't notice that you first posted this thread back on Nov. 22nd.

Yes..if it's still going on, Sunny probably should be checked out by your vet asap.