I have to work on Thanksgiving!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it sucks! Some of you may know, it is holiday decor installations so no Thanksgiving for me
! Maybe some can share their delicious dinners with me?

7 am Thanksgiving till who knows when, when the job is done, then 7 am the next morning............ughhhhh!
I am delirious at this point! Only 2 more weeks of this insane schedule.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a flyer in the mail for K-mart advertising special Thanksgiving Day sales. They will be open all day! I feel bad for all of you having to work. I hope you get a nice suprise treat for having to work through all this! You certainly deserve it!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I truely believe that everyone is entitled to a day off, like the rest of us hungry folks.

Well OK, maybe not the whole day (as I always forget something and am SOOO thankful when a place is opened). Maybe just stay working until 10am.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep me also, 14 hours

gee, if they where going to hire me back, at least they could have waiting until after xmas

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This and Christmas are the only two days I get off each year.
I enjoy these days because I know that noone is going to call me asking silly questions about things they already know the answer to but are just to lazy to think about.

I love this day!!!!!!!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That stinks, I missed Thanksgiving last year
This year I made sure to have it off! I'm way excited!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to as well. I'm going in to work tonight to do meds/rewater all the furbabies at the shelter. Same tomorrow. I never get a holiday off.

It's ok though- my family and I are going to eat dinner around 1pm so that everyone can come
I'm excited! When i'm done with work, i'm going to start putting up the Christmas tree!!!!

Try and have a good Thanksgiving hon! Sometimes we unlucky people get stuck working holidays- but just try and make the best of it

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That stinks. We have the option of working holidays at my job, but they still will pay you 8 hours holiday pay on top of whatever you work if you go in. I took off Wed - Fri for Thanksgiving, and Mon - Wed for Xmas though. I love me some days off. I'd be so angry if I couldnt enjoy the entire day with family!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Yeah, it sucks! Some of you may know, it is holiday decor installations so no Thanksgiving for me
! Maybe some can share their delicious dinners with me?

7 am Thanksgiving till who knows when, when the job is done, then 7 am the next morning............ughhhhh!
I am delirious at this point! Only 2 more weeks of this insane schedule.
...I´m so sorry about it...
....try to spend a great day my friend...