Photoshop

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I want to learn how to do adobe photoshop. Does anyone know who gives classes like that? I looked at the college I attend, but I didn't see one. My boyfriend mentioned our libraries in our county, but they aren't currently offering any classes for photoshop either.
How did you guys learn how to do it??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Uhh....how in the WORLD do you guys afford photoshop?

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another option is asking at an arts college or in the art dept at your school and see if anyone will give you lessons. I know of several people who did that for a few extra bucks.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

I want to learn how to do adobe photoshop. Does anyone know who gives classes like that? I looked at the college I attend, but I didn't see one. My boyfriend mentioned our libraries in our county, but they aren't currently offering any classes for photoshop either.
I just took an online course through the local community college. It was pretty good. You can search the site for schools close to you that participate in the program. I took the Beginning and intermediate courses, and learned quite a bit. I'm just finishing up the final lesson in the intermediate course and it's been quite a challenge. The instructor and/or assistants are very good about answering any questions on the message boards.

http://www.ed2go.com/cgi-bin/ed2go/n...gs.cgi?dept=CD

mowwuck

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

they do photoshop classes over here in the community colleges,try all the local colleges,it might be that they haven't had enough interest in it as a course in it's own right,they used to say that about linux courses but now they're a lot easier to find.

There's no major need for photoshop as such,unless are a hardcore graphics designer,or want to work in the design industry,it is an industry standard program and is very complex.
Adobe have a more entry level version designed for home users-called photoshop Elements [though they might have changed it's name now?],sometimes it's given free with things like digital cameras,but it's still a great program.

Am biased so recommend starting with the GIMP [GNU Image Manipulation Program],it's completely free,close to the likes of photoshop and can be downloaded from here: http://www.gimp.org/

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GIMP can be harder for people new to graphics to work with though.

I do recommend Elements for people who just want it for signatures, photoshop has so many features you will never use.

As for how I afford it, I don't I have it for work, but their computer is old and slow and can't handle it so I work from home on those days and get to use photoshop for whatever I want in my spare time because it is on my computer

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you checked the course descriptions? Often times they list photoshop classes as something else such as mine was "Digital Photo Technology". We used (at the time in 2000) Adobe classroom in a book.

The community college I last taught at used Macromedia's (well now under adobe) version called Fireworks...very similar.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our local community college offers Community education classes (as opposed to students going for a degree
) and they offer photography classes and Photoshop classes. I had a Rewards card, and got coupons to get mine. It ended up being almost half price

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HP offers classes online and every once in awhile they run photoshop classes. It's free and you can sign up for them to send you an email when a class will be available.

I have Photoshop CS8 I don't know how it got on my computer.
Really, I don't so don't ask me!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Photoshop CS is Photoshop 8

There are classes, but they teach you for graphic design schools etc. If you are just looking to touch up photos or make signatures there are plenty of tutorials out there.

I know many people self taught themselves on good tutorials