I have no hot water!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hot water heater runs off propane and I'm out of propane!

Everywhere around here is already closed to get a refill tonight or tomorrow. So I'm out of hot water til Friday and then it's going to be hectic because of all the shoppers.

This sucks!

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ouch.

I worked at a summer camp several years ago that used propane for the water heaters too. A week before the end of camp the propane ran out and rather than get more, the owners just said 'tuff it out. You have a week left.' This was a camp for kids 8-16. about 200 kids total. The camp got just enough propane for the owners house and the kitchen.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your stove run on the propane? If not, boil some up and make batches for handwashing or dish washing. Hope it goes by quick for you... Maybe you could get some from the neighbors too, if your not too embarrised.. I feel like a twitt sometimes when I forget things like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh yikes! I'd be headed to my Mom's for my showers!
You bet I will

Originally Posted by theimp98

hotels are your friend
A mini vacation

Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Does your stove run on the propane? If not, boil some up and make batches for handwashing or dish washing. Hope it goes by quick for you... Maybe you could get some from the neighbors too, if your not too embarrised.. I feel like a twitt sometimes when I forget things like that.
Well, I think Lowes is open tomorrow so I should be able to get it filled
if not, I'll have to boil water.. Glad the kids and I got showers tonight before it ran out

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dosent your propane service provider have a on call person? any place around here has a on call driver, even during the holidays.

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feel for you; we were without hot water one Christmas and it was a nightmare! The neighbours were very good to us

sham

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are in florida I doubt it's as important there. A few cold showers but not life threatening. Here you sure plan ahead for propane and if you run out there are emergency services but you'd never hear the end of the jokes if you forgot to check your heating unit. It gets to -20F for a few weeks out of the year and we have snow on the ground today. When we lost electricity during the ice storm last year people showed up in the hospitals with frostbite and there were a few deaths from people using open flames and alternate heat sources without proper ventilation. It's a huge deal not to have heat in winter here.