This Just Sucks!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Stubby (one of my strays) wants to come into the house so badly and be a "housecat", but I just can't take the risk of letting her in and possibly infecting Winchester & Geronimo due to their FIP.
Right now, she's sitting outside the window (she know's I'm in the computer rooom), and "begging" to be let in. She keeps jumping onto the screen, and giving me that "look". It's just breaking my heart..

I hate being broke: I wish I had the money to take her in to the vet to be tested and checked over..

This just sucks!

~KK~

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Poor Stubby (one of my strays) wants to come into the house so badly and be a "housecat", but I just can't take the risk of letting her in and possibly infecting Winchester & Geronimo due to their FIP.
Right now, she's sitting outside the window (she know's I'm in the computer rooom), and "begging" to be let in. She keeps jumping onto the screen, and giving me that "look". It's just breaking my heart..

I hate being broke: I wish I had the money to take her in to the vet to be tested and checked over..

This just sucks!

~KK~
Why not catch her, take her to a shelter. They'll test her etc and you can offer to foster her... maybe even adopt?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shelter in this area was closed down due to animal abuse & neglect.
I wouldn't take a dead animal there..much less a live one!
They've been re-opened, but I still wouldn't take her there: I don't trust them..

There is a shelter about 30 miles from here - I'll have to contact them, and see what they have to say.
I wasn't aware of the fact that shelters even would test an animal for no charge.

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Aw! They really just tug at your heart strings don't they!
Yes, they sure do..

Stubby (I call her that b/c she has only half a tail) is such a love-bug!
She just wants to be loved and taken care of, and would make a really good indoor furbaby!
I really want to adopt her!

~KK~

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

The shelter in this area was closed down due to animal abuse & neglect.
I wouldn't take a dead animal there..much less a live one!
They've been re-opened, but I still wouldn't take her there: I don't trust them..

There is a shelter about 30 miles from here - I'll have to contact them, and see what they have to say.
I wasn't aware of the fact that shelters even would test an animal for no charge.

~KK~
If this turns out to be an option, and you manage to do it, it would be a nice gesture to take some cans of cat food or maybe a bag of litter as payment if you can't afford to make a monetary donation. If/when we wind up contacting the feral organization to have the ferals around here TNRed (those that are left and not in our house now
), we'll be giving them a donation to help with the organization (monetary in our case, but nevertheless, it's a nice gesture).

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ghosthunterbeck

If this turns out to be an option, and you manage to do it, it would be a nice gesture to take some cans of cat food or maybe a bag of litter as payment if you can't afford to make a monetary donation. If/when we wind up contacting the feral organization to have the ferals around here TNRed (those that are left and not in our house now
), we'll be giving them a donation to help with the organization (monetary in our case, but nevertheless, it's a nice gesture).
We don't HAVE any extra food to give! It all goes to the strays!!

But it is a good idea!
I think we could manage to scrape up a few extra $$'s to buy some food & litter.

Thanks for the suggestion!

~KK~

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This just sucks!

~KK~
Oh that is sad, poor little thing just wants to be loved. I hope you are able to take her and get tested, and I hope you are able to give her the love that she wants. Please keep us posted on what happens.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

Oh that is sad, poor little thing just wants to be loved. I hope you are able to take her and get tested, and I hope you are able to give her the love that she wants. Please keep us posted on what happens.
Oh, there's no doubt that I'm going to take her: it's just a matter of when! I've already lost my heart to her..

There is some good news! (hopefully!
). One of our other strays, a beautiful all-white cat w/ one green & one blue eye (well, she will be beautiful once she gets cleaned up!) is probably going to get adopted by one of our friends!
She came over this morning to drop off some stuff, and the white furbaby was on the porch eating when my friend came by: she fell in love w/ her!
She's a big cat-lover, too.
She couldn't take her this morning b/c she was on her way to work, but she's planning on picking the furbaby up on her next day off.
She knows her husband will probably have a fit if she brings another stray home (not that he dislikes cats himself: they both just have too many, too, and are also in a financial bind
). Anyway, she said she'll probably have to fib a little, and tell her husband she found the baby in the Wal-Mart parking lot: that way, he's less likely to get TOO mad.
But he's brought strays home himself...even after HE'S said no more cats...so I doubt that he'll be too mad..

I sure hope she take her! That'll be one less furbaby to worry about, b/c I know she'll be getting a good home!

~KK~