My Dyson Animal is Here!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! My new Dyson just arrived! My homecare cleaning help was here on Monday so my place doesn't really need to be vacuumed today, but I'm going to try it out anyway! LOL

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's as good as they say I bet you still get a full canister! That will be my first domestic purchase after we have our own house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chynna loves it!

She's already on the chair loving up the manual and tools. Guess its got her seal of approval.

The vacuum is shorter and wider than my Phantom Fury, but its also lighter and easier to push.

The power head for the furniture is "interesting!"
I didn't have the brush part turning at first and when I put it on my couch I thought it was going to suck up the whole thing!

One thing I'm not happy about is the fact that the plain floor tool is an "option" and I have to order it as an extra. I only have an area rug and all of the rest of my floors are hardwood or tile so I need a regular floor tool. I realize that the Dyson can be switched to "floor" mode so that you don't need a regular floor tool, but the large vacuum can't get under tables and chairs where a small floor tool can.

Until I can afford to buy the floor tool I'll have to see if the one from my other vacuum will fit on the wand of the Dyson.

But so far I'm really liking it. I didn't get much hair off of the rug, but then I didn't expect too because it was only just vacuumed a couple of days ago and the Phantom Fury is a pretty decent vacuum. But I am seeing lots of cat dander being sucked up from the couch cushions. It's fine like dry wall dust and hard to vacuum up with a regular upholstery tool, so I think this will really help with my allergies.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I am glad you like it, let us know how it work on the furniture? My dirt devil it horrible,
It's working great on the furniture! No more of that push-pull scrubbing action to gather up the hair and then having to stop to pick it out of the brush.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm green with envy!
Now that you have it, those of us without one expect in-depth reviews! Congratulations!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow I will upload an image of the dirt and hair that I've collected.

I've vacuumed my area rug, 4 kitchen chairs and my love seat. Tomorrow I'll do the sofa and go over the area rug again.

I really love that powered furniture tool! It took me about 2 minutes or less to vacuum my 4 kitchen chairs and I actually managed to do those and the love seat together. Usually my back gives out after the chairs, then I have to take a couple hour break to rest before doing the love seat which sometimes takes me most of the day to get done because I have to keep stopping to rest.

I may try to vacuum my bed comforter tomorrow too. Now that will produce a ton of cat hair!