Tragedy for StL pets

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There was a fire at a local no kill shelter. 41 cats and 15 dogs were killed in the fire but many were rescued. The entire shelter was destroyed along with all of the supplies they had. I am going to contact them and find out how they are housing the animals that were saved now. If they need fosters, I may try to take a few cats in for a little while.

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CalicoPrincess

If they need fosters, I may try to take a few cats in for a little while.
Bless you! And prayers for the workers and remaining animals.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sad! I hope that the neighborhood comes through and helps them out with supplies and houseing and such!
to you for doing your part!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is soo sad
My heart goes out to all the shelter staff/volunteers- i bet they're devistated. At least they were able to save some though- hoepfully those animals will go on to find good homes

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw... I'm glad that they had gotten at least as many as they could out in time. Maybe your community can do some kind of holiday fund raiser to help rebuild the shelter?

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could you also find information on how people can make donations to help get the shelter back up and running? I'm sure that there would be people here and elsewhere who would be interested in helping out even if they don't live in the area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Aw... I'm glad that they had gotten at least as many as they could out in time. Maybe your community can do some kind of holiday fund raiser to help rebuild the shelter?
I actually thought about that. My department at work was already planning on donating to a charity for Christmas instead of doing any kind of gift exchange in the office. My boss was not at work today but on Monday when we get back I plan on asking her if we could donate to the shelter. She is an animal lover so there is a good chance that she will agree that it is a great cause. My mom works at the same company (big company) and she was thinking about doing the same with her department. It's not that much, but atleast it's something.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's just so sad.
But thanks to people like you, the rescued pets will hopefully find a good home, or be taken care of.

~KK~