Feline Greenies cat treats

maiseycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone try these? Do your cats like them? I want to get a cat treat for my kitties for Christmas, but have a hard time finding ones with good ingredients. The gourmet treats are a little over my budget - $7.99 for a 1oz. sack is too much no matter what I'm making! I saw these on drugstore.com. Good ingredients, healthy. My Maisey has a delicate belly, so I have to watch what I give her. I found Meow Luv treats at Dollar Tree - good ing. and only $1 for a 2.8oz. sack. I bought them twice, but can't find em anymore.
Anyone buy Feline Greenies?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I dont buy them since Zoey is allergic to wheat but the ingrediants have improved to where I call them decent

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I give them to Zoe...it makes having her grooming done worth it for her!

She likes them alot but I only give her a couple at a time. I find them at Kroger or Petsmart too. Sounds like a great stocking stuffer!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both mine seem to like the Greenies... of course, if it's a treat they love it! LOL

kittiei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I ordered a free sample and when it came, my cats loved them soo much. I put them in a ziploc bag and accidentally left it on the counter, they managed to get up there and knock it on the floor, rip it open and eat every single treat while I was at work! Luckily it was a small sample package so they really didn't get much

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a free sample skeptical my kitties would like them.....I found Twitch gumming(she has no teeth) the package trying to get to more!

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
These are Sadie's favorite treats. She'll do anything for them.
In Canada the price is now only $2.99 since they came out with the new formula.

werebear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For our jaded boys, only the Whiskas Temptations will do.

Of course, we mix rejected treats into their dry food and then they eat it. Because then it's not treats.

Go figure.

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There have been some concerns posted online about "Greenies"....

On Itchmo.com forums 2 days ago, one individual reported "My kitty had a seizure this evening. The only change in her diet has been the recent addition of Feline Greenies. Her health was great prior to that. I decided to do a online search and found that Canine Greenies have caused seizures and are on recall lists. On one dog site, there was a note added that Feline Greenies appear to be causing seizures also. Still another site states they are "still recommending Feline Greenies.""

Another poster there suggested looking here http://www.sciencelab.com/xMSDS-Propyl_gallate-9924742
at one of the ingredients, and then making a decision for yourself.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by BLAISE

On Itchmo.com forums 2 days ago, one individual reported "My kitty had a seizure this evening. The only change in her diet has been the recent addition of Feline Greenies. Her health was great prior to that. I decided to do a online search and found that Canine Greenies have caused seizures and are on recall lists. On one dog site, there was a note added that Feline Greenies appear to be causing seizures also. Still another site states they are "still recommending Feline Greenies.""

Another poster there suggested looking here http://www.sciencelab.com/xMSDS-Propyl_gallate-9924742
Realize ITCHMO forums are a PUBLIC forum and NOT a scientific or a validated site

I have long known about the ingrediant but there are far worse that are more common

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Greenies because they are only 2 calories each. My cat seems to like them also. Plus they are easy to find where I live.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maiseycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is strange - a cat treat linked to seizures?

Well I didn't end up getting them because I found out they're temporarily out of stock when I tried to order. I got a catnip toy for Maisey instead. We have to worry about those too now, because some of them are painted with lead paint. Geez, is anything safe anymore?! Somehow we all survived childhood before all these recalls, when I'm sure toys had lead. The cat toys tested only showed trace amounts and there has been no incidents yet, so I wonder why they're even telling us. We all have to die someday, anyway. We should hold off on China imports if everything from there is a problem, but our govt. is too cheap and reliant on Asia for producing almost everything we use. Sorry off my soapbox now, but I'm so tired of having to worry about everything we buy anymore.

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I've given the greenies to my cat, they've caused no seizures in him. Just because the only change in the diet was the addition of Greenies, obviously does not mean that what the cause of the seizure actually was.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dharma will actually eat Greenies - first 'treat' I found that she actually likes. My boy Dante will race from the other end of the condo when he hears the bag rattle.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

One must always be careful of what they read on the internet or anywhere else for that matter. Unless these were findings from a scientific study by reliable experts, I take them with a grain of salt.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my kitties LOVE them!!! even the hard to please ones,lol. They are now $2.99 a bag here in NY.

siamese_cat2007

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If I were you I wouldn't feed your cats Greenies because there the same as canine greenies, they contain plastic pieces which isn't exactly easy to digest. Just a lil' heads up if your cats start to vomit green clumps it's most likely to be greenies