Colin left to go out of town. Who wants to keep me company??

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who wants to keep me company the next few days???
Colin just left to go out of town to see his family for Thanksgiving, so he won't be back until Saturday. Awww I miss him already!
(i would have gone with him, but I have to work tomorrow evening and friday evening as well as all day Sat, so i wouldn't be able to get off work.)

I've made a few plans to keep me occupied. The next few nights, my niece Taylor is going to spin the night with me.
Tonight we're going to make a homemade cheesecake and some baked mac & cheese for tomorrow. Then tomorrow after Thanksgiving at my sister's house, she's going to go to work with me and help out at the shelter (same thing on fri.). Friday morning we're going to wake up at the crack of dawn possibly and do a little black friday shopping if we're brave enough
And then we're going to put up the Christmas tree and decorate tomorrow night - friday
I can't wait!!! So at least i'm going to stay a little busy while Colin's gone! (I hate it when he's not here!
)

Who wants to help cook and decorate?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Wow, your plans sound so fun! I would be happy he left with all that going on
Natalie you crack me up!!!
I am pretty thrilled I get the whole bed to myself (well, myself plus all the furbabies)- he always complains and says i kick him
Now i can kick away to my hearts content!

hehe i could also steal his razor without him knowing
(j/p!
)

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Ummm, no. But I'll eat and supervise!
come on over! i'll give you a slice of cheesecake when we finish it!

Originally Posted by vrgchs

sounds like a bunch of fun planned!!!
Definitely a bunch of fun planned!! Especially for decorating the house! We're going to make hot chocolate, play Christmas music...the whole 9 yards!
I can't wait!!!! I swear i may start tonight
I'm trying to wait till after Thanksgiving but i dunno if i can

Originally Posted by Pami

Have fun, Nikki!
Thanks gorgeous!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I'll help! I still kind of want to try out some Black Friday shopping, but I'm not sure I want to do it alone! Fortunately I hit Toys-R-Us up today so that save me a big headache! Darn Transformers are hard to find here!

I just made a Pumpkin Cheesecake, an Apple pie, plus a mini apple tart for DH's breakfast and I baked the leftover filling in a casserole dish cuz it sounded like a tasy idea, and I'm in the process of making some yeast rolls for tomorrows dinner. So right now I'm tired, dirty and covered in flour, but quite content!

I'm ready to decorate too.....can't wait to see a Christmas Tree thread!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Definitely a bunch of fun planned!! Especially for decorating the house! We're going to make hot chocolate, play Christmas music...the whole 9 yards!
I can't wait!!!! I swear i may start tonight
I'm trying to wait till after Thanksgiving but i dunno if i can
Oh gosh that's been me for the last 3 weeks at least! I'm a Christmas NUT! And this year I have the time to enjoy it all so I'm feeling even more so!

Oh I forgot to say this in my last reply: want to trade a slice of cheesecake? Your always baking stuff that sounds so good! This is my first cheesecake, but it smells and looks good so I'm happy so far! Just gotta whip the cream in the AM!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome! I'll join in! The best part about cooking goodies is when you get the food on your fingers you can lick it off (as long as you and the other cooks aren't spotted doing that
)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catfriend

Wow, that does sound like fun! You must be a great auntie!
Catfriend
Aww thanks!
I love my nieces & nephews to pieces!
They're always over at my house

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh I'll help! I still kind of want to try out some Black Friday shopping, but I'm not sure I want to do it alone! Fortunately I hit Toys-R-Us up today so that save me a big headache! Darn Transformers are hard to find here!

I just made a Pumpkin Cheesecake, an Apple pie, plus a mini apple tart for DH's breakfast and I baked the leftover filling in a casserole dish cuz it sounded like a tasy idea, and I'm in the process of making some yeast rolls for tomorrows dinner. So right now I'm tired, dirty and covered in flour, but quite content!

I'm ready to decorate too.....can't wait to see a Christmas Tree thread!
Oh yum! How'd your pumpkin cheesecake turn out? My cheesecake turned out yummy!
The tree if officially up and decorated!
(although i did almost assisinated a strand of 100 twinkle lights earlier and threatened quite a few yrds of ribbon with the scissors - lol long day!) We got most of the house decorated though
I need to borrow a camera from my mom sometime and post a picture! It's not the best looking tree- but it's cute!

Oh gosh that's been me for the last 3 weeks at least! I'm a Christmas NUT! And this year I have the time to enjoy it all so I'm feeling even more so!

Oh I forgot to say this in my last reply: want to trade a slice of cheesecake? Your always baking stuff that sounds so good! This is my first cheesecake, but it smells and looks good so I'm happy so far! Just gotta whip the cream in the AM!
I'd definitely trade you a slice of cheesecake! How did yours turn out??? I made mine on Wed night and let my niece Taylor help (it was her first time making a cheesecake
) - strawberry swirl with a ghram cracker crust- it turned out yummy! My sister Monica wound up making a chocolate pie yesterday that was AWESOME too

Originally Posted by lunasmom

Awesome! I'll join in! The best part about cooking goodies is when you get the food on your fingers you can lick it off (as long as you and the other cooks aren't spotted doing that
)

I swear i never do that

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The cheesecake was very goood! Rich!!! Next time I want to make the crust a wee bit thicker, but other than that I'm happy with it! It's actually trying to compete with the apple pie in calling my name right now.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The cheesecake was very goood! Rich!!! Next time I want to make the crust a wee bit thicker, but other than that I'm happy with it! It's actually trying to compete with the apple pie in calling my name right now.
Ohhh you're lucky! I only brought home one dessert with me and that was my leftover cheesecake
I would have sooo brought home the chocolate pie my sister made if i knew i wouldn't eat it all
So i'm glad i resisted- cheesecake is enough

I swear i'm counting down the hours till the troublemaker gets home! I miss him!