Caesar can use some serious Vibes..

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope this is readable I am in tears as I type. The vet office told me to come home and they will call me. Caesar was acting a bit sluggish and lethargic this morning, I didnt think to much of it maybe just a little of the I dont feel goods. But somethign nagged at me and told me to make sure he got to the vet. So I told Steve to take him in, and headed off to work.

Steve took him in , they did the usual tests and while he was at the vet he got more lethargic he called me to let me knwo that and that the intial blood work didnt say anything to point them at what was wrong. I dont know why...maybe its cause I have been thinking alot abot him(ares) lately but i asked them to check his Amonia levels. They were elevated. They did an ultra sound.. heh as a liver shunt! I am in tears! Thank god however, I thought to have them check his levels. They were elevated but not to the critical point yet. (like what happened to Ares)

Caesar is in surgey right now to hopefully take care of the shunt. They are gonna keep me updated. I rushed home from work when I got the info..that was hard. They let me kiss him before he went into surgey and tell him to be a good boy and to pull through ok. Hes got good chances.

I am in such shock. The Vet even said, the chances of the same owner having two cats wth this condition is slim to none let alone from the same mom. So I have to ask why me. My vet bless him reassured me and said it must be for a reason. someone who hadnt been through this before wouldnt have known to look at the Amonia levels.

Say a prayer for Caesar. He needs it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you. I just called the vets office again after I posted. so far hes doing good in the surgery. vitals are stable and no big surprises.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure can relate to your "why me?!" feelings. I felt the same way, too, when I found out that both Geronimo & Winchester have the dry form of FIP. What are the odds??

I hope your little guy will pull thru the surgery with no serious problems, and that he'll be okay. Many blessings & vibes are being sent your way.

~KK~

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you everyone. those of you who know what happened with Ares, will know why i am so terrified right now

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and
and prayers from me and the boys right now. I know that sweet Ares is watching over you both right now!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hes out of surgey it went well they were able to repair the shunt. Hes not awake yet. But they are bringing him around.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great to hear! I hope things keep going well and that he comes home soon!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad they were able to repair the shunt!! I'm sending loads of "be well quickly Caesar" vibes!! I am SO GLAD you caught it - but I'm so sorry for the reasons why.

to you. Keep us posted,

Laurie

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you everyone. He is awake now. and NOT happy to be at the vets office. Normally they would not let a post op patient go home after their surgey (due to what surgey it is) but they may let him come home with us tonight because he is NOT happy at all. I will know soon. I am sitting in the lobby right now with the laptop they asked me to leave the back area to see if that would help calm him down any. He was trying to rip out his Iv

I guess i have spoiled him to much he does not like being away from me at all. I can hear him from where I am sitting.

They said if he doesnt calm soon, they will send him home with me with specific instructions. I am pretty good at knowing what to watch for. So they know he will be in good hands..

My poor baby boy.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope they let him go home with you. You're such a great kitty daddy, and he'll heal up so much more quickly if he's not in that stressful situation.

We had the same thing with Tuxie when he needed surgery. You could SO hear him out in the lobby - everyone was looking around, and Gary said "that's my cat." Anyone went near him, he sounded like a cougar!

He couldn't stand the collar, either, so we took it off and just had to sit up with him all night. He would NOT stop picking at that IV (we did take him back to the vet so they could remove it). So it wasn't easy, but we'd do the same thing again.

I'm glad your boy is well enough to make a fuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie