Accidental overdose of Revolution!

booned

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just adopted a kitten from a young girl you couldnt handle her. She is 8-9 weeks old and has a horrid flea problem. My neighbor had revolution for his kitten and gave me one. I applied to the back of the neck on my kitten. I then read the box and it said from 5-15lbs and 8weeks old. (She may way 2 lbs at most) Should i be worried as long as she doesnt lick the spot? Or should i take her to the vet now? I am quite worried as I have read that some kittens have died due to revolution overdose.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Personally I would call a vet immediately, get some advice from them. They may well suggest you bathe the kitten to get as much off as you can before it is absorbed into its system. Don't wait - call the vet now.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish you good luck with both the vet and the bath--my best advice on that is remain calm and have lots of bandaids.

Leslie

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, please call the vet. They will be able to tell you the best thing to do. And like the last poster said, if you have to give a bath. . . . try to be calm, if you freak out, the kitten is more likely to freak out too. Also, with a young kitten, be sure to keep her warm until she is dry.

Oh and please do let us know what you find out.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Personally I would call a vet immediately, get some advice from them. They may well suggest you bathe the kitten to get as much off as you can before it is absorbed into its system. Don't wait - call the vet now.

Please call your vet, ASAP!

I hope your furbaby will be all right!

~KK~