hello =^_^=

kitty_riku

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi all.

Well i just got a new kitten only 2mnths old.
I have a few questions, if anyone is able to help me out.
Is it safe for a kitten to roam around the house not being continuously watched?
I feel mean keeping it locked up in my room or the bathroom all the time.
My kitten likes to play with chords is this ultimatley dangerous?
Is dust bad for them?
I know kittens are adventurous and inquisitive, at such a young age are they developed enough to run and jump around on things? that arent so close to the ground?

Thanks for taking the time out to read this and i look forward to speaking with you soon

xoxo

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!!

It's ok to let them roam around a bit. Just be careful. Obviously, don't keep any sharp objects or anything like that lying around and keep things like chocolate away from them. It tastes good to us but to a cat, it's poison. Other than that, just don't let them get too high. If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask. There are lots of members here that can help with anything you need.

See you around the forums.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & Welcome to the Cat Site!

We have 3 month old kittens & they have free run of the house. We kitten proofed the house, hiding wires, covering up small places, moving any food out of range, moving any objects that he may fall on...stuff that like
If you haven't already, make sure to buy your kitten fun items too!

Best Wishes! Hope you enjoy the forums

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.

rincewind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello I'm pretty new too. Enjoy the site I've learned alot. I've got 3 kittens and they pretty much go where they please...or play with the dogs tail.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitty_riku

hi all.
Is it safe for a kitten to roam around the house not being continuously watched?
My kitten likes to play with chords is this ultimatley dangerous?
Is dust bad for them?
I know kittens are adventurous and inquisitive, at such a young age are they developed enough to run and jump around on things? that arent so close to the ground?
When my husband and I first gotten our kittens, we made them wear bell collars so we knew where they were at all times. It was a bit annoying at night so we couldn't wait for them to get big enough to take them off!

As for the cords, our kitties thankfully don't chew them but they like to bat at any cord that's not on the ground. I wind up any lamp cords around the base of the lamps to keep them tidy and to detract them from chewing them. I heard of some bitter apple stuff that some people on here have used but I've never seen it.
As for dust, oi, that's a tough one. Our place doesn't get too dusty except for the bathroom because of the connecting apartment air duct. It doesn't seem to bother them.
As for jumping on things, our kitties were so adventurous! They had a few bumps when missing a jump or two but nothing too serious. Just make sure they don't try to climb onto wall shelves! My Angel tried that but thankfully they were too high for her.

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome. I shut Raven in the bathroom where her litterbox is (and is staying) for the first day or so that she was here to get used to the new place and she has had free roam since.
She does get shut in the bathroom sometimes when I am unloading groceries so that she does not dart out. And she is not allowed in the kids bedrooms at night, their doors are shut.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your kitten to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

You've had some great advice here - feel free to ask any questions that you think of - we're all happy to help.