And another makes 6....

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a few weeks now there has been a scranny, dirty little calico living around the dumpster outside where I work and so the co workers have been feeding her. (Or what I presume is a her anyway, couldn't get close enough to look.) Anyway, since around our store isn't the best place for her (remodeling and building going on) I thought it was about time she got a proper home. She is very skittish and left after getting some food and milk from the others, but I was worried so when I saw her tonight I decided that she needed to be caught. Thankfully I had a carrier in my car and had someone get it for me while I coaxed her closer with fish, apparently her favorite. She was taking food and running away but came close enough that I could finally get ahold of her and get her into the carrier. She wasn't happy about it but she's now in the room downstairs with fresh food and water, a clean litter box, and a place to sleep. None of my cats are the wiser. (thankfully) Tomorrow she goes in for shots, an overall checkup, tests, tests, and more tests and if everything comes back fine, she will be slowly introduced into the clan. Now I'm over my limit and can't ever have another one. 5 was pushing it, 6 is over the top. We can still care for all of them properly, I just think that anything after this will be pushing out finances and I don't want to try that.
So congrats to me! I have another furkit!!!!!!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations are definitely in order.
She's a lucky little kitty to end up with you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She makes me giggle. Her tongue hangs out of her mouth and she drools all over. I never noticed that before. I have a picture, I'm just waiting for DH to darken it and resize it for me.

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

She makes me giggle. Her tongue hangs out of her mouth and she drools all over. I never noticed that before. I have a picture, I'm just waiting for DH to darken it and resize it for me.
I never knew that cats could drool. Anyway, I love calico's, I cannot wait to see her picture.

pookieboy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just viewed her in fur pics. What a beauty she is! I thought you said she was scrawny? Looks pretty plump in those pictures!

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom2raven

I never knew that cats could drool. Anyway, I love calico's, I cannot wait to see her picture.
One of my childhood cats always drooled out the front of her mouth when she was happy and relaxed. She'd sleep on my chest at night sometimes, and I'd wake up in the morning with my shirt soaking wet!

To the OP, congrats on your new baby!!! Does she have a name yet? Let us know how it goes at the vet.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PookieBoy

Just viewed her in fur pics. What a beauty she is! I thought you said she was scrawny? Looks pretty plump in those pictures!
when you're above her, she looks pretty scrawny, but then I am comparing her to my (Ahem) well fed cats. She's very light when you lift her up. Not at all what you'd expect from a cat that's been in a house. But I'm beginning to think she was someones at one time. She is exteremly lovey and not at all skittish like she was in the parking lot. I will be on the look out for lost signs. mean while, she will be living the good life at my house eating regularly and putting on some much needed weight.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we are back from the vet.

She is a spayed, about one year old. She is missing her bottom front teeth that's why her tongue sticks out. She is neg on all the bad diseases, and now is up to date on her shots and has been wormed. No that tear in her ear isn't an ear tipping either, it's an old bite wound. ( I asked all kinds of questions)
I'm kind of worried though, no pottying yet, but it's only been since last night and she didn't eat alot of dry food, but she scarffed the wet down like it was going out of style today. So hopefully she will potty before long. She's so bored and lonely in that room. I feel so sorry for her. Every time I leave her she crys and crys. I brought more toys for her to play with but all she wants is loving and petting, not toys.
Twig is NOT a happy camper about her. He smelled her and has been hissing since her return from the vets. (It smells like she peed on herself at the vets)
Rocket got downstairs and saw her and actually hissed. I was stunned. He NEVER hisses, at ANYTHING! But again it could be because she smells funny.
We still have no name for her. That's honeys job. He's not the fastest name thinker upper though. I opted for Squeaker since she squeaks instead of meows but it's his decision. So we shall see.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, how amazing for you to rescue this little one

She sounds to be in good hands now..and I am so glad she is healthy

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is one lucky girly! That is so wonderful that she has a great home now

Seen her photo, shes a beauty
She is the purrfect addition to your fuzzy family!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Were her bottom teeth removed or knocked out? I ask because if they were not removed, parts could still be in her jaw & that causes infection. One of my Bobs was just in to the vets a few weeks ago, he had a tooth broken off almost all the way down by the base & it had gotten infected, I had to have the rest of the tooth surgically removed.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Were her bottom teeth removed or knocked out? I ask because if they were not removed, parts could still be in her jaw & that causes infection. One of my Bobs was just in to the vets a few weeks ago, he had a tooth broken off almost all the way down by the base & it had gotten infected, I had to have the rest of the tooth surgically removed.
Really?
They said they fell out due to poor nutrition and that her upper teeth were the comical hillbilly looking teeth as they put it. They are all crooked and spaced unevenly. I guess in 2 weeks I'll have more questions to ask. I need to go tomorrow and get some frontline for all my kitties, she had fleas, they put Advantage on her, and now the fleas are looking for a new place to live.....
I thought they'd have been long dead since it's been so cold outside, but I guess not. I never gave it a thought to get some for them while I was there today. (DUH!) My mind is not where it should be today.