OF COURSE, i get the weird cat

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So my fiancee and I rescued an 8 week-old kitten back at the end of September, whom we thought was a girl. On our first vet visit, we were told she was definitely a girl. We dubbed her Eloise ("Ella") for short, and bought her a princess-pink carrier. Well, you all know where this is going. At the next visit (at which I was going to make an appointment for a spay), we, er, discovered we'd been sadly mistaken. Ha. "She" is now scheduled to be neutered on December 4th.

Ella, now dubbed "Kittenpants" (what we'd been calling "her" anyway, haha) or Kit for short, has evolved into a rather unusual creature. Which suits my fiancee and I perfectly, I guess.

I bought some "Bitter Yuck!" spray from PetSmart to deter him from chewing on the cords behind the TV. Um. Which was a great idea, until I discovered him licking the spray from off the cords and the floor.
And looking for more. So much for THAT idea.

Also, my fiancee (bless her heart) was cleaning the bathroom the other day... and Kit managed to nose his way into the bathroom, and he actually took a lick of the Scrubbing Bubbles
She managed to shoo him away before he could get a hold of any more, but SHEESH! Needless to say, all of the cleaning supplies are stored very far out of reach.

This is also, by the way, a cat who LIVES for broccoli. We don't share too often, but he begs like a dog for it.

Anybody else have a cat with unusual taste buds??

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cute story about the she that was a he!

My cat also will eat ANYTHING!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Riley will also eat anything. Banana is the ONLY thing I have found that he will not eat. A lot of products use citrus as a deterrent, but that doesn't work with him as he will EAT oranges, pineapple, etc. He loves pickles, sweet and dill both, sauerkraut, litterally ANYTHING except banana, lol.

enkeli-kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*laughs* how cute!!! He likes vegetables! none of my cats will touch them!!

my cats are all quite picky. Cierron seems to have a taste for skin though - I'm holding him, he'll lick my hand for about 3 minutes and then suddenly bite!! Not hard enough to actually hurt or anything! Then he'l just go back to lick...bite...lick...bite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by enkeli-kitten

*laughs* how cute!!! He likes vegetables! none of my cats will touch them!!

my cats are all quite picky. Cierron seems to have a taste for skin though - I'm holding him, he'll lick my hand for about 3 minutes and then suddenly bite!! Not hard enough to actually hurt or anything! Then he'l just go back to lick...bite...lick...bite
Hahaha... this is how we'll get woken up in the morning, if we sleep later than Kittenpants thinks we ought to. He particularly likes to lick...lick...bite my poor fiancee's butt while she's sleeping.

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had the same problem, I had a he harry who was a boy right up until the operation, on the final vet check he was a girl so we called her Harriet.

But no odd tastes here.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have yet to come across something PJ won't eat. He likes his fruits, veggies, pastas, breads, meats, &.....mmmmm......paper.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMg, that's hilarious! Tiger and Angel will try to lick the cleaning products' nozzel heads but I always keep an eye on them when I have them out. They also have discovered that paper towels are a wonderful scratch and chew toy!
I hope they don't notice the toilet paper...

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once I had some pain relieving rub on my leg, like Bengay, and Popsie started to lick my leg. I took me a second to figure out why he was doing it and I made him stop.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Once I had some pain relieving rub on my leg, like Bengay, and Popsie started to lick my leg. I took me a second to figure out why he was doing it and I made him stop.
Java's a real nut about minty things, too - not just lotions & salves, but also menthol cigarettes!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oscar will eat anything that "crinkles." lol But he's really scared of bananas! You put a banana near him and he runs away as if one assaulted him, *giggle*

Other than that, Scotty likes popcicles.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat that liked mint gum & another that loved doritos.
Cello loves anything Italian. The smell of garlic wakes him everytime.
Nothing too unusual. Except Benson loves wood. You should see our wooden spoon. LOL

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds familiar,

Sibohan beggs for potatoes and Ham along with bread, manderin oranges and occassionally licks off my hand cream.
We had a She/He cat Sugar our beautiful Orange and white long hair cat, when I was young turned into "Sam" when we took her...him in to be fixed. Somtimes their "equiptment" isn't all that destinct as a kitten

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats seem pretty finicky compared to all the other cats here! Leya is the only one who will eat odd things. Fruit mostely, pinnapples, peaches....

OH YEAH!!!! There is ONE thing Leya goes crazy for......... WINE!!!! I'm not even kidding when I say as soon as I open the bottle she is there. She goes nuts for it, I'm not sure why, but I know it's the alcohol in it because flavor doesn't matter. Of course, should would prefer my good wine to Wine Coolers any day. Sophisticated taste I suppose
Of course we don't give her a glass, but now and again I wil hear licking and there she is with her head in my wine glass

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

Somtimes their "equiptment" isn't all that destinct as a kitten
Oh my goodness, I don't think there is a soul on earth that wouldn't know Stuart was a boy.....even when we first got him at 8 weeks!!!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ehhh...once you get him neutered technically he becomes and 'It"....so the pink carrier will still do.

Patches goes wild for green olives. She won't eat them, but she headbutts and purrs everything in sight when we open a jar of green olives.

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Reagan's favorite is plastic. It's her favorite flavor in the world, particularly plastic carrier bags from Wal-mart or other stores. She just loves them! DH thinks she's probably cleaning her teeth on them (like floss) and I think he's right, because she doesn't actually *ingest* the stuff.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of my cats will eat absolutely ANYTHING that even slightly resembles food. They absolutely love veggies and fruits of all kinds.

koodeez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Geez!

It's more common than I thought...

My wife and I rescued two kittens a year ago from the shelter. They name the kittens. They listed both as females.... I kept the name SweetPea for on and my wife changed the other to Samantha.

Same scenario as you.... we had them for about 4 months before they got "fixed". During that time... I thought I noticed some irregular about "Samantha's" privates during that time.

Well... My wife ended up going into labor the day they were sceduled to get fixed. My mother had to take them for us and I'm glad because I would have been embarrassed.

It ended up that both are males. We kept SweetPea's name and changed Samantha to Sammy but he still has his pink collar that we bought at the shelter when we got him. I realized something was funny but brush it off cause I figure the shelter knew. I'm glad they're boys though. I grew up w/ 11 females and 1 male. Now w/ 2 males and 1 female (Queen B of the house)... there seems to big difference in the cat opera we live w/ day to day....lol.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Several years ago, our roommate had a very furry black kitten that we were positive was a little girl. Well, I was hold the kitty one day and noticed that it had two little lumps on its bottom. Well, needless to say she was a he. He didn't have to change the name tho since he named him Bear and that fit for both.