Baby News

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to come on the site quickly and say hello. I'm going to be more quiet than usual the next few days/weeks. On the 15th DH and I welcomed our son, Bradley Scott, into the world. He came in weighing at 8 lbs 13.1 oz and 20 inches!

Real quickly, here is a summary of the events.

DH and I went up to my regular OB appointment on the 14th. Around 10 am (on the drive up) I started to feel some contractions. When I was out of the car and walking around I felt a little better and we went shopping until our appointment at one.

We got to the doctors and we discussed me having a non-stress test to check on baby, since I'd been having some blood pressure problems. Well, during the test my water broke and I was admitted to the hospital at 3 pm.

Contractions started not too long after that and I got my epidural. I was able to take small naps during the night. Come the next morning labor hadn't progressed and I was started on pitocin. After being on the pitocin I was fully dialated around noon. We started pushing.... after a couple hours the baby hadn't made progress and he was 'stuck'. I needed a c-section.

But at 4:25 we welcomed our boy. He's 4 days old now and doing pretty well. He and I aren't cut out for breastfeeding so I'm pumping into bottles so he can have the nutritional benefits of it at least.

I'm still pretty sore and worn out. I lost a lot of blood during surgery and was already anemic prior too....

Here is our boy:

Mommy (a little worse for the wear) and Bradley:

Daddy and his boy:

(sorry about the size... photobucket keeps logging me out when I try to edit.... I'm too tired to deal with it now.)

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!! He is adorable!! Cherish every moment!! (They grow fast)

Valerie

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww what a beautiful little baby boy. What an unexpected early surprise. Congratulations to you both. Get as much rest as you can

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats hon!!! He is beautiful!!!
What a sweet baby boy!!!

Aww ya'll must be soo excited!
Don't forget to take care of yourself too and sleep when he sleeps!!!
Congrats!!!