I might be pregnant!!!

thh20

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's been on my mind for a while... my husband and I have decided we want to start a family, and I think it might be happening!! It's still very early in the game, but I'm getting really excited! Other than missing your period, are there any other obvious signs that you might be an expectant mom? I almost want the next couple weeks to be over (and that even involves me missing my birthday!) so I can do a test and know for sure !!

I want to know a.s.a.p so I can get my family their Christmas presents: "world's best grandma" & "meilleur grandpapa du monde" (my father is fench) mugs! I want to see them cry, 'cause I'll be right there along with them!!

One of my co-workers is going on maternity leave next Friday, so I've been talking to her about the whole pregnancy thing, since our situations are similar (both petite and underweight). She's told me she went from 98 lbs. to 140 lbs!

Anyone else been through/going through this?

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I would just be really careful what you get because I believe the first trimester is very sketchy and a lot of people wait for awhile before they break the news. I'm sure if I were thinking I was pregnant I'd want to tell my whole family too. But just to be on the safe side, just don't go hog wild. I wouldn't want you to jinx anything.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well others signs of pregnancy beside a missed period are nausea or vomiting, breast soreness, fatigue just to name a few. I'm happy for you and I hope you are pregers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thh20

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't worry, I know. Thing is, I don't see my family that often (they live in Montreal and I live in Toronto), so my options are either tell them at Christmas when I'll have just found out myself, or wait until Easter, when I'll be showing and risk having them get annoyed at me for not telling them sooner...

But I do want to be cautious. I know my aunt had an ectopic pregancy, which nearly killed her...

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first sign was feeling like I had to go to the bathroom a lot but with no UTI.
And don't worry too much about your weight. I'm 5'10 and was 127 lbs before, peaked at about 155 and then dropped all the weight right afterward. The baby boy (I was a surrogate) was 9 lbs, 8 ounces but there's also the water weight and body fluid to be considered. You'll be producing a lot more blood and keeping more fluid in your body but it will subside in about a week after the birth. It took me about 3-4 days. If you keep exercising and eating well, you should be fine. I've seen an article on MSN about possible changes in how much healthy weight women should expect. I think they're lowering it.

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My period was 2 days late, I tested and it's positive. That was how I'd know for sure. Never got symptoms until a week or so later and even then they'd come and go. I'd say test when your cycle is late. Good luck!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
About a year ago I had a chemical pregnancy, and I noticed smells were so so so strong! It made me crazy. I got heartburn, and noticed I was in and out of the bathroom requently urinating. . .

Congrats! And good luck! And as always KEEP US UPDATED!!!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, exciting! Guess you can't clean the litterbox now

As for the waiting to tell people thing...I can understand not telling the whole world for a few months, but I wouldn't be able to wait to tell my family. If a miscarriage did happen, I would want them to be able to help me through it anyway.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, if you don't see them, I'd tell them. But I'm just a worry wart and I would be afraid I'd jinx it. Just be happy and healthy. No amount of preparing can get you ready for EVERYTHING.

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My urine smelled like HAM! It was so disgusting but I've since had other people say the same thing. Testing is the only way to know for sure.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sakura

Oh, exciting! Guess you can't clean the litterbox now
Oh yes, do not go anywhere near it! It's a good reason for your hubby to take over that job.
But.. if you do have to, then wear a mask and gloves. Be like your handling toxic chemicals in a bio suit!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

You know, I would just be really careful what you get because I believe the first trimester is very sketchy and a lot of people wait for awhile before they break the news. I'm sure if I were thinking I was pregnant I'd want to tell my whole family too. But just to be on the safe side, just don't go hog wild. I wouldn't want you to jinx anything.
I do agree with that. I've not been pregnant, but it took my aunt three tried before her first child was born. Her two miscarriages were very early, and she also developed gestational diabetes. She is a very fit person though.

But i do wish you the best, make sure you look after yourself to ensure a happy pregnancy

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Blue breasts was my first "real" sign of pregnancy. You might also get a seriously stuffy nose but not have a cold. Headaches are another sign. Tender breasts, darkening of the areaola, nausea (with or without vomiting), hunger, needing to use the toilet a lot (without, as somebody said, having a UTI)...

POAS and see what comes up. That's the most accurate way to find out without going to a doctor

All this coming from a former mod of a pregnancy forum (now closed)

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sore breasts, sensitive skin, sensitive smell and emotional were my 1st signs. You can easily get a blood test to find out from your local doctor.

I can understand you wanting to tell your family. Share with your immediate family but ask that they not tell anyone until you are passed the 1st trimester. If something bad does happen, chances are you will need their support anyway!

Since we are in the same city, pm me if you want info or just want to chat!

Good luck.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, what a cute idea!!! The Christmas presents would be so fun! Good luck!!!! I want to steal your idea when I have a baby some day!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Oh my goodness, what a cute idea!!! The Christmas presents would be so fun! Good luck!!!! I want to steal your idea when I have a baby some day!
When I was a surrogate, we surprised my friend's daughter (soon to be big sister) the day after her birthday, which was her mom's birthday. We gave her a wrapped up present with a picture of the latest 3D sonogram inside with the saying "Can't wait to see you sister!" on it. She looked at her mom with her jaw dropped and said "You're pregnant?!". We all burst out laughing and the mom said, "No, Stacy's pregnant, we're adopting her baby!" She was so happy she almost started to cry!
We waited until I was 5 months and she still didn't notice! I'll never forget that!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will feel different.
I just had an ectopic pregnancy last month and i'm just starting to get over it now, it still hurts to see other mums out there and pregnant women.

I wouldnt even tell your family untill you have the all clear that you and your baby are healthy, I made the mistake of telling my mother and she is very heart broken at the moment

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

You will feel different.
I just had an ectopic pregnancy last month and i'm just starting to get over it now, it still hurts to see other mums out there and pregnant women.
I'm so sorry for your loss
Early on in my pregnancy I was diagnosed as ectopic, but chose to do more research before allowing any surgery to be performed. I'm very lucky that I did, as the pregnancy was definitely viable. However, my husband and I went through a period of serious mourning, thinking that we were going to not only lose the pregnancy, but my tubes as well (they were going in to remove both of them).

I will keep you in my thoughts through this very difficult time.