I honestly do not know what is wrong with me

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't even know how to explain it.

I cry at the dumbest things. I get angry over the dumbest things. I am so hot one moment I can barely breath and then so cold the next.

I want to run away screaming, but then I want to cover myself with cool quilt and hide away.

I want to crochet but I can't pay attention to the pattern long enough to make anything.

I love my dogs and cats but I want to throw all of them out the damn door.

I want to eat pickles with a side of meatloaf but yet I do not want to eat.

I can not sleep more than five hours at a time.

I am not pregnant, nor can I get pregnant.

What is wrong with me

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you on birth control at all? If so you may want to look into another brand as hormone levels can get out of balance from birth control, thus throwing us off.

I don't know how old you are, but if you're in your mid-late 30s could you be experiencing early signs of menopause?

In either scenario, I would contact a doctor. You are also showing signs of depression

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Are you on birth control at all? If so you may want to look into another brand as hormone levels can get out of balance from birth control, thus throwing us off.

I don't know how old you are, but if you're in your mid-late 30s could you be experiencing early signs of menopause?

In either scenario, I would contact a doctor. You are also showing signs of depression
I have not taken BC for many years. My daughter is seventeen and I had my tubes tied when she was born.

I will be 39 in six days, I thought about menopause but I thought I was to young. I am so flustered.

It is so strange. I am fine with others around me, but alone I am a whiney, crying mess.

Well not really, I just hide it. I want to cry I just can't in front of others, but then I have always been that way.

= the me inside.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd go see your doc. Does sound like it just might be early menopause..Or a Thyroid problem. A simple blood test will tell.Hope you get feeling better soon.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 39, you have just described my symptoms as well.
I am in perimenopause.
Menopause does not happen until the day you have gone 12 consecutive months without a period, but perimenopause can last years.

Go see your doctor to determine if this is what your problem is, often, low dose BC can aleviate the symptoms if you are indeed in perimenopause.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perimenopause sounds like an explanation for your sypmptoms, but many of your symptoms also sound like depression. I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (also known as winter depression.) I suffer from many of the same symptoms that you are describing. I usually go on antidepressants sometime in November and am able to function fine again when I go off them in late March or early April. The very best thing you can do is go to your doctor and describe exactly how you feel. A simple bloodtest can diagnose if you are in perimenopause, and your doctor can trial you on some antidepressants (or hormone therapy) to see if they can help alleviate your symptoms. Good luck, let us know what you find out. I will keep you in my prayers.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

I'd go see your doc. Does sound like it just might be early menopause..Or a Thyroid problem. A simple blood test will tell.Hope you get feeling better soon.
You should really go to the doc. If it's a Thyroid problem that's big. Your symptoms sound serious and it would be fairly simple for your doctor to figure out. You aren't too young for anything these days

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be 39 in six days, I thought about menopause but I thought I was to young
Sweetie, I was only 36 when I began to show signs of peri-menopause. My husband thought I was insane sometimes, and so did I. Please call your dr. for a once-over. I kept a 'diary' of symptoms for awhile so I could give the dr. a short history of what was going on. He put me on bc pills to even out my hormones. I took them for about 6 years before they just didn't help anymore. It took me another 8 years to become post-menopausal.

If it's not peri-menopause it's something else; either way, you need to get a check-up. Good luck.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AsecretK

What is wrong with me
Sounds like you have depression. You sound like I did before I started to take Celexa. I just felt like I couldn't cope. I felt overwhelmed with everything. I had the attention span of a peanut, if even that. And I cried for no reason at all sometimes.

Speak to your doctor. Be candid about what you said here. He will prescribe an antidepressant. You should notice a huge improvement in a week or 2.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second the motion of seeing your doctor right away... it does sound to me like classic depression, but perimenopause is also a possibility. Either way, there is help! You don't have to feel like this.

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am 38 and suffering from what you do too..now not so much with my fur babies but with my human babies...ooohh...
my patience runs thin some days

I am in perimenopause and have the bloodwork to show it..like the others said go see your doctor sweetie...

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with what others have said, it does sound like depression, which is a symptom of a thyroid imbalance so it could be that. Definitely sounds hormone-related.

Do you have a problem listening to loud noises or music? That and the hiding-away are also symptoms of thyroid problems.

If your doctor does a thyroid test, ask for Free T-4 and Free T-3 tests, and don't let the doctor rely solely on TSH tests. Good luck, and let us know what you find out!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah it sounds like depression. I suffer with it as well only I have generalized anxiety disorder and the depression comes with it. I'm pretty sure women get depressed when pre menopausal. Sorry you're having a hard time.

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oi, I get that way when I miss a couple of days' worth of BC. =x

But since you said you're not on BC, then it can't be that. =P

I agree with the others, go to the doctor. And..maybe get in a few more cuddles with the fuzzy critters? =D That's always makes me either cry until I feel better, or just feel better.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with everyone, it really does sound like some sort of depression/bi-polar. You need to go to your gp and discuss this with them

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take the best advice that's already been given. Rule out possible health problems first, don't let a doc just stick you on anti-depressants.
Certain vitamin and mineral deficiencies can cause mood swings as well, so ask for those to be tested too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I was having a real bad yesterday. My poor BF didn't know what to do for me as there was no reason for me to be crying. I took a nap for awhile and I felt better when I woke up and I am feeling a little better today.

I hate going to the doctor but I guess I am going to have to make an appointment. I am also having pain in my shoulders which I believe is he on set of arthritis (runs in the family) and I have been meaning to get that check out as well.

Thanks all for your support.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AsecretK

I am also having pain in my shoulders which I believe is he on set of arthritis (runs in the family) and I have been meaning to get that check out as well.
Pain can also be a manifestation of depression.