Cat Show Problem

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
DH and I were planning on going to the cat show tomorrow here in our area. However, though it is listed on the CFA website, it is *not* listed at the event location's website. Now if we show up and there's no show, there's a reptile show the same day and we'll just head to that
But DH doesn't want to take me unless we know if there's an entry fee (we'll pay it, we just want to know *how much* it is, if there is one.

Does anybody have any suggestions for the lack of cross-listing? It's a bit late to contact the coordinator.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
* 17-18(L). IN, INDIANAPOLIS: Ag/Hort Building, Indiana State Fairground

Is that the show you are talking about?
If it is....
because it is also going on today, you might not be able to reach anyone.

I hope that it works out for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yup, that's the one. I didn't figure that I'd be able to reach anyone. Darn it! I really wish the Indiana State Fairgrounds site had something with regards to this show. The only show listed for tomorrow is the Midwest Reptile Show (again, we might hit that one anyway
).

Ergh! Should I just assume that there's no admission fee? Or just use the Reptile Show as a backup if it's higher than DH is willing to pay?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have a clue....
I live on the other side of the world.

What ever happens tomorrow...
Have a fun time.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ghosthunterbeck

Yup, that's the one. I didn't figure that I'd be able to reach anyone. Darn it! I really wish the Indiana State Fairgrounds site had something with regards to this show. The only show listed for tomorrow is the Midwest Reptile Show (again, we might hit that one anyway
).

Ergh! Should I just assume that there's no admission fee? Or just use the Reptile Show as a backup if it's higher than DH is willing to pay?
I would assume there is an admission fee...when I was showing, it was beyond rare to see free admission. Admission fees are usually part of how the sponsoring cat club pays for the show hall rental, pays the judges etc

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got lucky on my google search

"17-18 Midwest & Great Lakes Region Cat Show
Ag/Hort Buidling
Sat. 9 am-6 pm; Sun. 9 am-4 pm
Admission: $5, Seniors $2.50, Family of five $12,
10 & under Free; Bring a can or package of cat food and receive $.50 discount on ticket
Beth Cassely (636) 532-1573
www.cfagreatlakes.org"

eggytoast

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For future reference, I was doing research this summer and all of the cat shows (TICA and CFA were the ones I checked, as they seem to have the most) charge an admission fee. However, just to get in seemed to always fall in the $5 range. Since they have vendors there, they typically don't want to fleece people at the door

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's pretty much what I remember from the TICA show that we went to a couple of years ago. It's not much, so it's definitely worth it! Thanks!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ghosthunterbeck

That's pretty much what I remember from the TICA show that we went to a couple of years ago. It's not much, so it's definitely worth it! Thanks!
You are welcome..don't forget to take in a can of cat food if you want the discount they listed

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are going as spectators, its a admission fee - usually around $4-6 per person (adult). Entry fee is different - its for you to enter your cat and it usually closes about a week before the scheduled show.

Spectators are no problem - hope you enjoy yourselves.