Poor Jasmine has no idea she's going to get a bath and get microchipped today lol.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My poor girl is going to HATE me in a little while. I'm on my lunch break at the moment, and when i leave to go back to work, i'm taking Jasmine with me. I'm going to bathe her while i'm up there and then microchip her. She has no clue
I have a feeling i'm going to get some pretty nasty glances and meows out of her on the way home!
Wish me luck! Poor girl- i hate to do it but the bath and the chip are both in her best interest. She was morbidly obease when i adopted her and i have slimmed her down considerably- but she still has a lot to loose and can not properly groom her bottom the way most kitties can....so when poo and debris get near her urethera area- she gets UTI's very easily -so i have to bathe her often and keep her clean. I'm going to weigh her while she's there too and see if she's lost anymore weight! Keep your fingers crossed! She's still got a little ways to go so that we reduce her risk of weight related health issues!

Keep your fingers crossed i don't stress her out too horribly while she's there. I'm going to put her in my boss's office after her bath so she won't be around the other animals.

I was thinking about taking Velvet and Isabella too to chip them- but i think it'd be easier if i just take them one at a time. Pretty soon i will have all 6 animals chipped. Kojak has already been done and so have both dogs.....all i have left are the three girl kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww i'm soo proud of my little girl!
She was wonderful!!!

She didn't even flinch when I microchipped her, and she was soooooooo well behaved about getting her bath!
She got some extra kitty treats when we got home!

She weighed in at 15 lbs.
Her ideal weight for her is about 12lbs....so we have 3 more lbs to work towards.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How much weight has she lost so far?

I'm happy she behaved....oh but the death stares you must be getting now!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

How much weight has she lost so far?

I'm happy she behaved....oh but the death stares you must be getting now!
I had to find her chart. She was 29.7lbs when I adopted her
Freakin huge!
She is now down to 15 and looking great!
She can acutally walk now without her belly dragging the ground. She can play without getting winded, she has tons of energy, and best of all- the health risks have been drastically reduced!
I'm sooo happy!!!

Her ideal weight is around 12lbs so we are very slowly trying to wean her down a few more pounds- but for right now- she's pretty healthy and is in such better shape!
The goal is to drop her weight very slowly and very healthy- it's not good for cats to loose weight too quickly - it can make them very ill and even kill them. So slow and steady wins the race here

The daily exercise really helps her. I put her on her harness and lead and walk her around
She also LOVES the "da bird" toy- it really gets her up and going- not to mention the company of the other kitties to play with! I couldn't be more proud of my sweet baby! She looks sooo well!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She was that FAT?!?!?!
Poor girl!!!
Yea. It was soo sad....she was in horrible condition- her stomach dragged the floor- and she would get sores on her belly sometimes. She could bairly walk and running was really out of the questions. Waddled EVERYWHERE, got short of breath quickly, because she was allowed to get soo big- she developed some bad grooming habits as she was unable to reach cerstain spots- so we are still working on keeping her clean- she developed UTI's as a result of not being able to clean her bottom properly (i clean her daily and bathe her often),and well- her quality of life just was horrid...she was really depressed/unable to really live. (The vet ruled out medical causes for the weight)

Now though-she looks SOOOOOOO darn good! I couldn't be more proud of my sweet baby girl!
She really looks wonderful. We've taken it slow and steady the past few yrs since i've had her and the changes are just awesome!!! She "waddle-runs" everywhere, she plays all day long with her little pom pom balls, she can actually somewhat groom herself now (but still not her bottom- hence the frequent baths/baby wipe cleanings). She also has her best buddy here and other kitties to interact with -something she never had before i adopted her. Isabella keeps her on her toes- she adores Izzy sooo much and is constantly treating her like she's her kitten
I think it's done wonders for her spirit- she is no longer the depressed little kitty i once knew!

She's also constantly playing with us- she loves the laser pointer, loves the "da bird", and we put her harness/lead on her and go walking - she LOVES it! And best of all- she gets exercise doing the things she enjoys!

It's not been easy- i still have to watch her- she can under no circumstances be free fed because she will eat until the cows come home!(which means the other animals can't be eithor as she will steal their food). She also gets different treats from the other kitties and gets treats less often- so a lot of times instead of treats- we give her tons of attention and kisses!

And as a result of her former owner's stupidity, she is still at risk for certain health issues because she was morbidly obease at one point
- her loosing weight has greatly reduced her odds of developing certain weight-related issues, but she's still not 100% out of the woods. She's doing amazing though!
I just love her soooo much! Every night she sleeps beside me in bed and every morning i wake up to her purring beside me- just happy to see me! She is one of the best kitties i've ever know!
I couldn't be more proud of her eithor- she's really come a long way! She was on the point of death when i adopted her because she was soo overweight....and now- she's got a whole new leash on life!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

I think we need to see pics
That I can arrange!
When I go to my mom's house this week i will see if i can borrow her camera to snap some new pics of all the furbabies!!!

I think the bath made Jasmine sleepy
She's sound asleep on the rocking chair!
That kitty smells delish too! Just like a little coconut

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will never understand how people can let pets get that way.
At lest now she's trimming up & can walk!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I will never understand how people can let pets get that way.
At lest now she's trimming up & can walk!
Me eithor. To me- allowing your pet to become obease is just as cruel as starving your pet. It is neglect and abuse! No animal should ever be allowed to get into that condition

Fortunately for Jasmine though- she won't ever have to worry about getting too big to really "live" again. Now she can play, run around the house, and do pretty much what all the other kitties do!
If i could only get her to groom her bottom, then my mission would be accomplished
It has taken me a really long time to get her slimmed down to a good weight though as we did it gradually so we wouldn't hurt her system. We also had to switch foods recently as the chronic UTI issues are a problem so that interfeared a little- but i'd rather her stay on the food that helps keep her UTI issues at bay and loose weight a bit more slowly, than suffer from a horrible bout of UTI's again like she did a while back (it was aweful- i'm sure you remember a few of my posts about it!) - which by the way Nutro Gourmet Classics get's an A in my book! Since she's been on it- she's not had 1 UTI!!!!!!!!