Lion hugs!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Don't know if this has ever been posted here before (I do remember seeing a still pic of this on Yahoo news awhile ago), but this is SO darned cute! The woman had rescued the lion (I think she had her own animal rescue sanctuary for circus animals [?]). After she nursed the lion back to health, she donated him to a zoo; watch his reaction when he recognizes her voice!

I can't seem to drag the link over here, but got into You Tube, search under "lion hug", and you'll see various versions of the video.

I told DH I want a lion for Christmas. For some reason, got a blank look. Hmm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I think I like it so much because the lion's hug reminds me of my cat, BJ. He's rather leonine-looking (a Maine Coon), and has those big paws. BJ "hugs" and "kisses" me very much like that lion--and I love the lion's facial expression just before he turns his head!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

Someone sent me that video. I want a lion for Christmas!
That's also what my MIL said, when I sent her the video.

I'll try to break this to you gently: a LION for Christmas? It ain't happenin'!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is exactly why I fell in love with Elsa, the lioness from Born Free.

I love lions SO much.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
This reminded me of an Elizabeth Taylor story: when she was little, someone gave her a lion cub, which she adored. One day, her Mom made her change her dress, as the lion (who was getting a bit BIGGER) drooled all over it. When they took it to the cleaners, they asked what the stain was. "Lion drool" was her Mom's response, which drew a very strange look from the clerk!

Her Dad later made them return the lion (no longer a cub!), saying they had no business raising a lion!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
:
Originally Posted by GingersMom

That is exactly why I fell in love with Elsa, the lioness from Born Free.

I love lions SO much.
Me, too. It's also my zodiac sign; I don't really believe in astrology, but it's so cool to say I'm a lion!
(I'm a also a Cat in Chinese astrology; often also called the Rabbit--but I like "Cat" better!)

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! I can't stop watching it!
How can anyone doubt that animals do have souls and are capable of love?

And what a wonderful feeling it must have been for that woman. I said to my Pearl just the other day, "Sometimes I wish you were the size of a tiger, so I could just hug you silly without hurting you!"
This woman can do just that!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen this video a few times and just love it
That's the same kind of love I receive from my big cats, especially Carmelo cougar. Just goes to show, these cats ARE capable of lots of love and affection and are NOT the so called "vicious killers" they are made out to be