Bad mom!

jenwales

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ever feel like a bad mom? I know I'm a good mom, but there are days when it is hard to fake enthusiasm for something your kid is doing. I'm sitting here on the computer typing away because I don't want to get ready to leave. Yep, I'm spending my Saturday at a science competition for 5th through 12th grade kids. My son's demonstration of his project will take about 5 minutes and I'll spend the rest of the day pretending to be thrilled with everyone else.

Yay me!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I can say is better you than me!

Seriously though. Some of the things those kids come up with at science fairs are pretty interesting. Provided their parents weren't the ones who did the project for them. And I must admit that seeing yet another "volcano" can get pretty old, but aside from that some of them come up with pretty clever ideas.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jenwales

Ever feel like a bad mom? I know I'm a good mom, but there are days when it is hard to fake enthusiasm for something your kid is doing. I'm sitting here on the computer typing away because I don't want to get ready to leave. Yep, I'm spending my Saturday at a science competition for 5th through 12th grade kids. My son's demonstration of his project will take about 5 minutes and I'll spend the rest of the day pretending to be thrilled with everyone else.

Yay me!!!
I am so glad you are honest about that. Now I know why my Mom always hated the Science Fair.

I hope you have fun! Some of the 12th graders should have some cool projects.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have vodka and a flask?
Just kidding (but it would make it bearable).

Seriously though, I know it's not what you want to do on your Saturday, but it means so much to your son to have you there. When I think back on how many things my mom (and dad, when he could) showed up for, it just amazes me! Lord, they must have been bored out of their mind, but it showed me how important I was to them.

(still, vodka would make it easier...
)