Have you ever done this?

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Drove into a petrol station to fill up, either in your own car or a hired one and had to think which side of the car the tank is on? Worry no more because something that is never pointed out in the owners handbook is this.

If the nozzle on the picture is on the right side of the pump then your filler cap is situated on the right side of your car. And if its on the left then thats where it is on your car.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is too neat!!!

I always get confused when i switch vehicles up!
One day I'll drive my fiance's truck and his gas tank's on the left side of the car (driver's side here in the US) and the next i'll drive mine and it's on the right. It really throws me off

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That only happens when I change cars a lot (i.e. like Nikki's example).

that's really good to know especially when you rent cars. That's the last thing I check!!!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

That only happens when I change cars a lot (i.e. like Nikki's example).

that's really good to know especially when you rent cars. That's the last thing I check!!!
I always do that with a rental...never check and then we're guessing when we go to gas up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I might have to eat my own words here.Because I got in my firms van today and looked at it and it is not the case, but then its a Renault so I blame that on the French.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Huh, I was just thinking about this the other day ('cos I had to rent a car this week). Why can't they just make it standard which side it's on? Like, always on the left.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the cars I've ever owned or driven have had arrows pointing to the side of the car its on. Either way, on my own I never forget

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well the most obvious thing to do would be the side the driver gets out from. Right hand drive car on right and left hand drive on left.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
'Course, it's not true on all cars...
That would be too easy!

I usually just check the mirror as I drive up. If I can't see it on my side I presume it's on the other.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What'll they think of next?!

I've done that too: but only when I'm driving a different vehicle, or when I get a new one..

~KK~

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I knew about that!! I still have to check on my own car every once in awhile