new toy

karebearcasey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i finally broke down and bought a laser pointer today. i figured that my kitten max would like it. well, i was wrong....he freaking LOVES it!!! i've seen a cat react like this, lol. when i put it away, he sat there staring at me looking so sad as if he were asking me where it was. he lays down in the last spot he saw it hoping it will return, lol. if i had know he would like it this much, i would have bought it the day i got him!
of course, my 8 year old could care less about, the lazy fat thing he is, lol.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats love the laser pointer. Even the cats who don't normally play with toys will chase the laser dot. It's an excellent way to wear them out!

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats go CRAZY for the laser pointer. It is to the point now where I have to hide it when I am not using it. The one I have has a caribeener on it and when I pick it up, the metal parts hit eachother and he goes NUTS because he knows that sound.

Have you tried getting him to climb the corners yet? It is hilarious when I get mine doing that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karebearcasey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh yah, lol. he is quite the little jumper also. he is 5-6 months old and he jumped as high as the knob on the door!!

jandm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i have a question about the laser pointer. isn't it frustrating for them since they never actually catch anything? that's why i haven't gotten it for my kittens - but everyone says it it great! just wondering what others thought on the subject.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitten Jack loves the laser pointer. I am actually made my husband took it with him (he's been outta town since Friday) and Jack's energy has been CRAZY! It would be nice to have a toy that really wears him out...

Leslie

manhunter666

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JandM

i have a question about the laser pointer. isn't it frustrating for them since they never actually catch anything? that's why i haven't gotten it for my kittens - but everyone says it it great! just wondering what others thought on the subject.
Thats what I thought too. I guess cats wouldn't be bothered in chasing it if it's annoying them. I think they know that you're playing with them even though they seem alittle wired afterwards

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
man, I am going to have to get one of those. Right now I have a wand with what looks like a tail on it and a tiny jingle bell. Raven knows the sound and comes sprinting when she hears me pick it up.
My two bigger kids love to play with it with her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karebearcasey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it took a bit, but max figured out i was the one controling it. when i pick it up he comes running! when he wants to play with it he will find it and bat at it.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright guys, thats it, Im getting a laser pointer! Maybe playing with him like that would help his depression!