Adoption vibes please

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have someone coming to look at Bella tomorrow - she has been here 10 weeks and 1 day, I was beginning to wonder if someone would ever adopt her - she has been overlooked twice for other fosters. She is a lovely girl, although is scared of playing and doesn't always know what will happen when you try and pick her up and kiss her - although adores to be stroked. She is going as an indoor only cat, she has shown no interest in going out here whatsoever, I suspect that giving birth outside has put her off wanting out.

And then Rosie is supposed to be going to her new home on Sun, her new owners get back off hol tomorrow, so are picking her up on Sun - I know they will come, but can't help wondering if something will go wrong!!

That will take me back down to 4, and with no adoptables - bet the cat room wont stay empty for long though!! Whatever comes after these 2 go will prob be the last for the year, as we only have 3 weeks of rehoming left, so unless it is an owner relinquish who is easily adoptable, it is pushing it.

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oooh I hope she goes to her forever home!

At the shelter where I volunteer, I often see a lot of wonderful cats get passed by time and time again. Then I start to put up sob story flyers around town and in the paper (I also work at a newspaper) and that seems to help. Unfortunately, most of the cats in our shelter are unpopular black and white or all black cats. I try to tell people to look beyond the color but everyone wants a CUTE or COOL cat.

Good luck Bella! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys - Bella is a pure black, and has been overlooked for a tortie and a tabby so far!! Both people coming this weekend have actually enquired about other cats, so fingers crossed it is as promising for Bell as it was for Rosie. This is Bells write up for our rehoming page, and also a poster I put up in a few places, the only one this has gone in has been my vets though.

My names Bella, and I am a young lady who was sadly left outside, pregnant and alone. I even had to give birth alone, but fortunately some nice lady found me, and took me in with my babies. We were there a while, then got moved on again. My babies have all found homes now, but nobody seems to want me, even though I am lovely and affectionate and love to be with you. I am in something called a "foster home" at the moment, and I am loving my home comforts, but the pussycat who lives here wont let me on the bed, and I would so love a bed as well as the sofa, so if someone can offer me that, I would be very pleased.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

Thanks guys - Bella is a pure black, and has been overlooked for a tortie and a tabby so far!! Both people coming this weekend have actually enquired about other cats, so fingers crossed it is as promising for Bell as it was for Rosie. This is Bells write up for our rehoming page, and also a poster I put up in a few places, the only one this has gone in has been my vets though.

My names Bella, and I am a young lady who was sadly left outside, pregnant and alone. I even had to give birth alone, but fortunately some nice lady found me, and took me in with my babies. We were there a while, then got moved on again. My babies have all found homes now, but nobody seems to want me, even though I am lovely and affectionate and love to be with you. I am in something called a "foster home" at the moment, and I am loving my home comforts, but the pussycat who lives here wont let me on the bed, and I would so love a bed as well as the sofa, so if someone can offer me that, I would be very pleased.
I'd adopt her!! I hope that does the trick, I have a soft spot for girls named Bella... here's some adoption

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
For the lovely Bella!
...Mega Vibes for her!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

that is the cutest adoption posting I've seen , I hope they fall in love with her

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There has got to be a better way to help adopt out black cats. Perhaps cute little bandanas around their neck that say "adopt me" or something eye catching. People just seem to look right through the black ones, unfortunately.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, I thought it was sweet, I did do something similar for Rosie as well actually. Today has been an absolutely wonderful day - Rosie's owner rang to ask if they could come today rather than tomorrow, so I obviously said yes (even though it ruined all today's plans!!), they were 10 mins late coming to see Bella, but that was fine, she was wonderful with them, although did show her crazy side when I tried to put her in the carrier, never had one react that badly to it!! She loved them both, and they had brought a friend along, who said that she would love to catnap her!! Then Rosie's owners turned up, again late due to Sat Nav telling them the wrong place!! They have been to PAH and bought a selection of food and toys for her!! Both are going to be very spoiled only cats (both preferred to be only cats).
I rang the lady who relinquished Rosie and her other two cats, she was so pleased they have all gone to wonderful homes that she is giong to drop us off a cheque for X Mas, and some bits she has left from the cats. Bella's owner also said they would give us another donation in a couple of months, and both owners have our website to buy their flea and worm treatmetn.
I rang the rescue lady to tell her, and to say I wanted a few days break, I am shattered at hte moment, and she said that was fine, she had been asked to take in 2 adults, so when he rings back, she will see if he can drop them off next Sat, as I am going over for food and litter then anyway!! So unless something more urgent comes in, I get a weeks break.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, I am especially pleased for Bella, as she had been here 10 weeks. While Rosie had been in our care longer, it is expected for an oldie, and she had only been with me bang on 4 weeks. House felt strange last night though!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Photobucket acc finally working, so here are some pics of the ladies!!