Ya!! I figured out what to get the most difficult person to shop for, for Christmas!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally figured out what to get the fiance for Christmas!
I'm soo excited! Today when he came home for his lunch break he had recieved his "special projects" catalog in the mail (they sell knives/weapons/etc). He went gaga over one of the Cold Steel kitchen cutlery sets and said how he would LOVE to have some really nice knives for the kitchen since ours are getting old, but that he just thought it was too pricy.

Haha i have it figured out now!
I will get him a new cutlery set!
(not exactly the most romantic gift i know- but it's something he can get years of use out of, this specific one is made in the US (important to him) and it's really good quality. So yea! I have it figured out now!

(this is the set http://www.1sks.com/store/cold-steel...ssics-set.html but i found it cheaper through another place so i'm going to order it from a diff. company)

I'm also planning to get a red swingline stapler off amazon (like the one in "Office Space" to put in his stocking
and maybe one of those funny cop t-shirts from caffepress.com some of the other tcs members suggested!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he likes cutlery I would suggest buying him a "santoku" style knife. I have both a 5" and a 7" Wusthopf Classic one. They are the most handy knives I have every used!!! Expensive but worth every penny. You can also get a gourmet cooking stores plastic covers the knife blade and snaps shut to protect the blade.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

If he likes cutlery I would suggest buying him a "santoku" style knife. I have both a 5" and a 7" Wusthopf Classic one. They are the most handy knives I have every used!!! Expensive but worth every penny. You can also get a gourmet cooking stores plastic covers the knife blade and snaps shut to protect the blade.
I have one of the santoku style knives on our bridal registry!!!
I've heard wonderful things about those type knives! I'm glad you second that!
The cutlery set i didn't put on there though because we already have one (but it's getting pretty old and not holding up well) (and since this is something he loves- it makes the perfect Christmas gift!
)

I will look into getting one of the knife blade covers if we get the santoku on our registry!!!
Thankyou for the suggestion!!!

Ya!! I placed my order!
It should be here in a few days!
I've officially bought my first non-SS Christmas gift!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Those sound like great ideas! Congrats of figuring it out!
Thankyou! I really didn't "figure" it out though- he just kind of threw it out there!!!
I'm sooo glad he did though! I've been trying to figure out what to get him for a few weeks now!
I'm also kind of excited about the knife set- because it's supposed to be really good quality- and it's something that will not go to waste- we will be able to use it for years to come- so it's really money well spent!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

Oh you are lucky, I wish my DH would spill something
he drives me crazy
I wish Colin would do that more often! I NEVER know what to get him for the holidays/birthdays! This is the first time he's let something slip like that
It was AWESOME!!!!

Seriously though- if your hubby gets any kind of catalogs in the mail from like his favorite golf co, weapons co, sporting, etc.....just sit down beside him when he's looking through it (and act like you're not trying to be too obvious) and try to notice the things he REALLY looks at - that's what i did! I was lucky enough that he actually commented (and practically drooled over) that one item
Good luck!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What Neil really wants is another chain saw he is using one he bought from my dad that is about 25 yrs old!! But the one he wants is like$350-$500!!! Or there is the 8" joiner for a mere $800!! But at least he would be getting some funds when he sells his 6 inch joiner.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i think you should get him this http://www.coldsteel.com/88hbh.html
would look realliy cool to wear how working

I have one of these http://www.coldsteel.com/tilites.html i love it hehe.
but i guess kitchen stuff would be good haha.
I'd like to see him lug that thing around with his uniform on
Too funny! Seriously though- that's a bit out of my budget!

He does have two really nice knives he carrys on him (he straps them on his ankels so he can get to them if he needs them and his gun gets knocked out of his hand). So he doesn't need any little ones- but the sword- i'm sure he'd LOVE to run around the house with that thing

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

). So he doesn't need any little ones- but the sword- i'm sure he'd LOVE to run around the house with that thing
yea well jsut dont let him run around naked with it
hmm like someone else we know did

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

yea well jsut dont let him run around naked with it
hmm like someone else we know did
hummm i wonder who that could be