Oh boy

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel weird..

I just got a call that one of my clients was killed in a motorcycle accident.

Only 42 years old with children at home.

I have talked to him a few times..this is all so strange.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How sad. We really have to live each day to the fullest for we never know when we'll be called home.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear that Nat. I guess being in the industry you are it was bound to happen. Prayers being sent to his family.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sort of know the feeling - only it was my 47 year old close friend that was killed on her bike last summer.

It stinks to see vitality taken so fast.

I'm so sorry, Nat.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so sad... I know motorcycles are like a religion to some people, but my gosh, riders are so vulnerable! It's all the risk of a car with none of the protection! I've known so many people killed that way, too many. My aunt's older son in Ohio, several acquaintances in Austin, the sons of two friends, a young coworker here in the Dallas area... and a dear friend who survived his initial wreck because there was a car full of doctors right behind him on their way to play golf... but he was paralyzed, went through all sorts of surgeries and illnesses and therapy and misery, and finally died four years later from a simple skin infection, just as Christopher Reeve did. Such a waste.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know Carol..I think if my spouse had a motorcycle I would be terrified anytime he go onto it.

Actually, the most serious accidents I have seen have been with motorcycle riders, and the worst part is there are usually NOT AT FAULT. Normally they are very careful because they really have to be.

Its just so sad...and it was a young driver that hit him. 17 years old..imagine what the rest of his life will be like.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it happens Nat,

i will say, i would sooner die on my bike,or anything else
just so i can do what i want to do.

what good is living if you dont live?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My SO has a bike as well. It's always a reality check to hear about someone you know dying.
A close friend of mine actually killed a couple who was riding their bike on the interstate. She didn't see them and pulled out in front of them
So not only do you worry about people on bikes, but you worry about killing someone on a bike yourself.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know there are many who say riding a motorcycle (or jumping out of airplanes, or wrestling crocodiles) constitutes "living," and they're willing to die for the pleasure of it... but what about family, friends, the continuing development of yourself as a person, the simple pleasure of watching the world go 'round?

I fear that most people who say they'd rather die young than give up a risky behavior they love would feel differently the instant after it (heaven forbid) happened to them. At least I hope so... I hope life is more precious to them than they realize. I'd love to jump out of a plane myself -- and I plan to, when I'm 110 years old and diagnosed with something terminal.

It's absolutely true that the motorcycle rider is usually innocent, which makes the deaths all the more heartbreaking. Of all those I've known who died, only one was at fault: my 18-year-old cousin, who went out in a hurry on a moonless night and simply drove into the side of a train three blocks from his house.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats really too bad Natalie, how terrible for his family.

As far as motorcycles, we have one, this is actually our 3rd in 3 years. We have a group of friends that we ride wtih, about 20 of them. Accidents happen. Accidents happen wether your in a car, on a motorcycle, walking down the sidewalk, or just being an innocent bystander. Sure, motorcycles can be dangerous, sure, accidents happen, but accidents happen in cars too. They happen everywhere.

What upsets me is how people who don't ride, say how awful & dangerous they are. We ride every day in the summer and we are careful. Its all on how you ride and how you watch your surroundings when your driving, or riding. When we ride, I watch our for traffic & oncoming cars for John when he's driving. We both watch, we're both careful. Its the same way as driving a car.

And like Bruce said, 'what good is living if you dont live?'

I am sorry for this man, I hope his family can find peace and closure during this hard time.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I know there are many who say riding a motorcycle (or jumping out of airplanes, or wrestling crocodiles) constitutes "living," and they're willing to die for the pleasure of it... but what about family, friends, the continuing development of yourself as a person,
I think this is why it is said that married people live longer, they engage in less risky behavior for the sake of their family, not always though.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I know there are many who say riding a motorcycle (or jumping out of airplanes, or wrestling crocodiles) constitutes "living," and they're willing to die for the pleasure of it... but what about family, friends, the continuing development of yourself as a person, the simple pleasure of watching the world go 'round?

I fear that most people who say they'd rather die young than give up a risky behavior they love would feel differently the instant after it (heaven forbid) happened to them. At least I hope so... I hope life is more precious to them than they realize. I'd love to jump out of a plane myself -- and I plan to, when I'm 110 years old and diagnosed with something terminal.

It's absolutely true that the motorcycle rider is usually innocent, which makes the deaths all the more heartbreaking. Of all those I've known who died, only one was at fault: my 18-year-old cousin, who went out in a hurry on a moonless night and simply drove into the side of a train three blocks from his house.
lol, a person can choose to live there life in fear, or they can get out there and live it. there is a HUGE difference in riding a bike, then lets say
wrestling crocodiles.

If you run around and try to live your life for other people,you will never be you. IN the end you will find yourelf alone living in a old folks home and saying i wish i had.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol, a person can choose to live there life in fear, or they can get out there and live it. there is a HUGE difference in riding a bike, then lets say
wrestling crocodiles.

If you run around and try to live your life for other people,you will never be you. IN the end you will find yourelf alone living in a old folks home and saying i wish i had.
I agree with you, Bruce!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just worry about people on bikes...other drivers are crazy and sometimes don't see bikers
Thats the only reason I would be scared for my dh to be on one. I don't think people that ride are stupid or anything
I just worry