OMG! Trout just gave me a heart attack!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bathroom door doesn't latch shut, so I close it but you really can just push the door and it will open..Trout doesn't know this (or so I thought).

I was just out of the shower toweling off, when the door flings open

I screamed! I thought it was a mugger or something..in comes Trouts walking all slowly like "what is your problem mum?"

I almost died of fright!

clairebear3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ha ha! Just imagine what he gets upto at night!
I had the same srt of feeling when Marcel jumped on my tummy in the middle of the night!

Our cats have even figured out how to un-lock the locking catflap.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A few premature grey hairs there Nat?

Mind you Rosie did something similar about 3 years ago at my old house. I was lying on the sofa watching t.v. late one weekend and i heard this rumble rumble rumble across the floor and one of her ping pong balls just came rolling in slowly

I got up and there was Rosie sitting on the bottom stair, but she gave me such a scare

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, that reminds me of the time when I was washing my hair with my eyes closed while rinsing, and I opened them to find Ziggy sat on the window at eye level just staring at me. I nearly fell over.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha! Too funny! She was just wondering where her Mum was

When I shower I just leave the door open because I live alone. Usually the cats leave me alone. However on the 2 days of the week when I have someone come to help me, both sit outside the door. Abby is quiet and just watches. Chynna on the other hand yowls until I come out and she sees that I'm ok!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I leave the bathroom door open all the time too

My cats are always giving me a scare, there's always one who's feeling frisky

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

My bathroom door doesn't latch shut, so I close it but you really can just push the door and it will open..Trout doesn't know this (or so I thought).

I was just out of the shower toweling off, when the door flings open

I screamed! I thought it was a mugger or something..in comes Trouts walking all slowly like "what is your problem mum?"

I almost died of fright!
did you find my spy cam that i put on Trout,,oops i guess i should have said that

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a bedroom door that opens from the INSIDE and is pretty hard to push open. Yet one day I hear a "creak" and the door opened very slowly. In strolled John's dad's cat Grabat. I still have no idea how she managed to get that door open!

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beauty managed to get the microwave door open the other night. I have no idea how she managed it, so you're not alone with Trout opening doors and things. She's also worked out how to open the bathroom door (and I suspect the kitchen door as well)

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ms. Trout is just making sure you are showering alone!

I am not allowed to close the bathroom door while in there so I don't have that problem.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I am not allowed to close the bathroom door while in there so I don't have that problem.
Plus the cats have to inspect the water when I turn it on.

I hope you've recovered from your fright! One way to really wake up in the morning.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've showered with the door closed in my house in about 9 years!

Years and years ago, I was babysitting for a family that had about 6 cats and a dog. All of the kids were little, so when they had to get out of bed, they would cry. I was in the bathroom, and suddenly the door handle started jiggling. No baby crying, and I didn't hear the garage door open or close so it wasn't the parents.

The door slowly starts to swing open. I am sitting on the toilet, my pants around my ankles, looking for SOMETHING to throw at the burgler, my heart in my throat. The door swings open, and the Siamese male looks around the door as he hangs from the door handle.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

I don't think I've showered with the door closed in my house in about 9 years!

Years and years ago, I was babysitting for a family that had about 6 cats and a dog. All of the kids were little, so when they had to get out of bed, they would cry. I was in the bathroom, and suddenly the door handle started jiggling. No baby crying, and I didn't hear the garage door open or close so it wasn't the parents.

The door slowly starts to swing open. I am sitting on the toilet, my pants around my ankles, looking for SOMETHING to throw at the burgler, my heart in my throat. The door swings open, and the Siamese male looks around the door as he hangs from the door handle.
how funny!!!!

Natalie i bet you're wide awake now after your scare this morning with ms. trout!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Bruce!!!

Nat....you can close doors?!?! I'm not allowed to. Someone sits outside & bawls while shoving their feet under....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Trout has been taking lessons from a few furries that live with me

Nat have you calmed down yet
Okay, now that its 3:35pm, I am calm

I'm not sure why I even close the door, its just me and Trout..I guess I want to keep the heat in

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scariest thing the cats did to me...

I was sleeping one night, and woke to someone stroking my hair. First thought: "Someone's stroking my hair. Okay."

Immediate second thought "Wait, I live alone."

I just about murdered him when I found it was Billy, stroking my hair with his paw!