Any Sims 2 Fans?

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm seriously thinking about loading the game up again for the first time since Bon Voyage came out. I'm also going a bit crazy, thinking about starting a new Legacy Challenge. Even crazier, I'm thinking about writing sims stories. What's wrong with me? LOL!

bakearama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You aren't crazy! The game is really fun and sometimes addicting. Do you have Bon Voyage or Seasons? If you do are they good?

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't played since before this semester started - I haven't even BOUGHT BV yet! I was really wanting to play the other night, but I know as soon as I get started I won't want to study. I'm looking forward to the semester break so I can do a complete reinstall with BV, and start up a new legacy. Have fun!!!

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bakearama

You aren't crazy! The game is really fun and sometimes addicting. Do you have Bon Voyage or Seasons? If you do are they good?
I do have Seasons, and I thought it was one of the best expansions they've put out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm fully expanded. I *must* be crazy!

Seasons is excellent, in my opinion. But a *lot* of people were disappointed with it. The biggest problem is that if you're playing without cheats on a large lot (like legacy), then just putting up a roof for shelter *won't* keep the weather out. There are also some major glitches with Seasons. If you get it, make sure to install the patch.

For example, the social worker warning comes up about two seconds before the kids get taken away for being too hot or too cold. And they get too hot jumping on the beds.

Also, whenever I play Pleasantview, Don Lothario bursts into flames!

BV is pretty good, but I've not played with it a whole lot yet. There's a lot more challenge with it than with the other expansion packs. Just a lot of "mini games" within the game. Interesting, but I wish it was somewhat more interactive. It does give you beach front lots though for your sims, which is pretty cool! And new ways to earn skill points!

Originally Posted by NinaCaliente

I do have Seasons, and I thought it was one of the best expansions they've put out.
Well thank goodness I'm not the only one! I've gotten into flat-out debates on this one before!

bakearama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey! I saw you on another thread and I thought "hmm ninacaliente I bet that person plays sims"

bakearama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have any of you tried to make your cats with pets? I tried but they don't have the right markings to match Jainy.

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking about trying Sims Life Stories if DH will let me get it... I think he sees it as an unnecessary expense considering that I can't stop buying the XPs and of course Sims 3 is coming out in a couple of years.

Anybody know what the next expansion pack is supposed to be? All I'm seeing is the new stuff pack, and I don't tend to buy those unless I'm *really* interested. There are too many *free* sites to download from.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Have any of you tried to make your cats with pets? I tried but they don't have the right markings to match Jainy.
That was the first thing I did when I installed Pets! They weren't exact, but close enough to be fun.

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I should *so* upload some of the cats I've made. I make *weird* looking kitties! The dogs never turn out quite so strange, but usually I get cats that look like a cross between a Devon Rex and... Something really strange lol

Alien kitties!

I'm going to go play and then put together a sims 2 blog update. I'll let y'all know when I've got something potentially interesting to read! I'm starting a new legacy with a Family sim. Probably male... I can't keep track of all the darn points now though!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought The Sims 2 Pets not too long ago...kinda disappointed though. I really want Seasons and BV but I don't have time to play it.

azcarol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I admit it.

I'm a 45 year-old mom of teenagers, and every once in a while, I pull an (almost) allnighter playing Sims 2. I just got the Holiday Fun Stuff the other day and had a blast making a Mr. and Mrs. Claus and decorating their house with Christmas stuff. Very fun! I don't know if Mr. and Mrs. Claus are known for having any cats, but I made my version of them have an orange tabby like my Miles. I named their cat "Jingles."

I have all the expansion packs. My favorite is Seasons, glitches and all!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ghosthunterbeck

I'm seriously thinking about loading the game up again for the first time since Bon Voyage came out. I'm also going a bit crazy, thinking about starting a new Legacy Challenge. Even crazier, I'm thinking about writing sims stories. What's wrong with me? LOL!
Do you happen to belong to any Sims2 forums? I visit a place that is BIG on Legacy Challenges.

Seasons is the best! I haven't gotten BV yet. Too many bugs from what I read. Still waiting for a patch.

Originally Posted by Bella713

I love the Sims 2, I have all the expansions too...I like the Simstories too...I just wish they had more than just 2 of them on one disc
Helen! I didn't know you were a Sims addict too!

Anybody know what the next expansion pack is supposed to be? All I'm seeing is the new stuff pack, and I don't tend to buy those unless I'm *really* interested. There are too many *free* sites to download from.
From what I read at the TSR it will be about hobbies. Many are hoping it's Magic again.

I am a total addict. I play 3 hours in the afternoon before I clean and then 5 hours before bedtime. My newest addiction is mating pets. I grow too attact to my Sims to let them die. I keep resurrecting them. I had to build new houses the other day to allow 6 dogs. Cats are much easier since you don't have to bathe them and they seem more behaved. I am a download freak too. This month it's clothing & hair.

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was actually pretty disappointed in Pets myself. I didn't find it to be nearly as good as the old Unleashed, but that's just my opinion. Seasons is my favorite expansion pack. University was also really disappointing to me.

I've gotten my founder played only through freshman year, then my computer crashed
It does that every so often with the game, but I save often, thank goodness. I hate playing through Uni, so I'm not writing anything about it, but hopefully I'll have something interesting started soon.

I'm pretty good at most elements of the game. My goal is to have him a millionaire (without cheats) before he gets married

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was actually pretty disappointed in Pets myself. I didn't find it to be nearly as good as the old Unleashed, but that's just my opinion. Seasons is my favorite expansion pack. University was also really disappointing to me.

I've gotten my founder played only through freshman year, then my computer crashed
It does that every so often with the game, but I save often, thank goodness. I hate playing through Uni, so I'm not writing anything about it, but hopefully I'll have something interesting started soon.

I'm pretty good at most elements of the game. My goal is to have him a millionaire (without cheats) before he gets married
I prefer to play with 6-8 sims in a house and apply for a charter. I kinda made it like the Secret Society. I used the Fortress House and placed Career Rewards throughout the house. It's a great way to build skills, influence pledges to do your homework/term paper & make friends. Dorms just drag Uni too much.

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can't do that so much with Legacy though, at least not in the first generation. There's just so little challenge with it if you're going to make money -- if you just focus on friends it's no big deal, but I tend to like to get those grants

What forum are you referring to? I've been a member of a couple (and admin one, but don't stop by as often as I should any more... That makes both admins absent
). Is it BFTAF by any chance?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Can't do that so much with Legacy though, at least not in the first generation. There's just so little challenge with it if you're going to make money -- if you just focus on friends it's no big deal, but I tend to like to get those grants

What forum are you referring to? I've been a member of a couple (and admin one, but don't stop by as often as I should any more... That makes both admins absent
). Is it BFTAF by any chance?
Actually TSR. I never heard of BFTAF though. I heard of MATY's & MTS2.