OMG! How Ridiculous!!

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I celebrate Christmas, even though I'm not Christian, and frankly, I'm more offended when I'm *not* wished a Merry Christmas!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ghosthunterbeck

I celebrate Christmas, even though I'm not Christian, and frankly, I'm more offended when I'm *not* wished a Merry Christmas!

Thats just dumb... is that really necessary? If my santa started saying hahaha I would think he was laughing at me and probably slap him...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

If my santa started saying hahaha I would think he was laughing at me and probably slap him...
What, you have your own Santa?

I thought this story was the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time! Like anyone in their right mind would think they're being insulted. How far do we have to take political correctness?

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Santa's going to be the next thing to go, I'm sure
It's just silly in my opinion. What happened to the spirit of the holidays, and honestly, who is *really* offended?

"Happy Holidays" isn't too bad, and if somebody sees my pentagram and says "Happy Yule" it wouldn't bother me. But I've been to places where I'm wished a Happy Hanukkah during Hanukkah, Merry Christmas on Christmas eve, etc, etc.

Being PC doesn't always work the way it's meant to.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone who is offended by Santa saying Ho Ho Ho needs to be kicked from here to kingdom come!!

This is just typical nazi feminism gone horribly wrong (Ok, flaming can now commence)

Its ridiculous! Can't we just let kids be kids - I would never have even contemplated what Santa says as being rude!!! And I'm 25!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thats just dumb... is that really necessary? If my santa started saying hahaha I would think he was laughing at me and probably slap him...

If Santa starts saying "hahaha" to a bunch of little kids, the kids are going to think that Santa is laughing at THEM, and start developing an inferority complex!

I've seen some truly foolish stuff in my time, but this takes the cake!

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's just silly in my opinion. What happened to the spirit of the holidays, and honestly, who is *really* offended?

It seems like no one can be who they want to be anymore, b/c someone gets "offended"!
What ever happened to freedom of speech??

~KK~

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The world is getting beyond ridiculous. 2 years ago the management of the hospital I worked in at the time made the decision to take down the Christmas tree in the foyer as it was deemed as offensive to non-Christians working there. WTH????????!!!!!! It's a tree with decorations on it!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

"Happy Holidays" isn't too bad, and if somebody sees my pentagram and says "Happy Yule" it wouldn't bother me. But I've been to places where I'm wished a Happy Hanukkah during Hanukkah, Merry Christmas on Christmas eve, etc, etc.

Being PC doesn't always work the way it's meant to.
Exactly

Well i know a few people in my family who would be offended, especially if i said that i'm going to 'make a little spell, so your new year goes well'
i'm just trying to be a well wisher lol

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Anyone who is offended by Santa saying Ho Ho Ho needs to be kicked from here to kingdom come!!
I absolutely agree!

However, by using the phrase "kingdom come," you have grossly offended non-Christians, who do not believe in such a kingdom. The apologizing may now commence...

AUGH! Blecch to the whole idiotic PC thing!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No kidding!!!!! IMO has some more on this topic, and my thread, the war on Christmas. It is really getting out of hand.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think anyone that gets offended by a Santa is a moron... PERIOD. Unless he would say ho ho ho with a suggestive tone in his voice.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I think anyone that gets offended by a Santa is a moron... PERIOD. Unless he would say ho ho ho with a suggestive tone in his voice.
i'm offended..