I have found a new shoe store online!!!!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I found a new shoe store online, it has all the brands, and the prices are
so awesome!!!! Go check it out!!! It's called " 6pm.com" I found a pair of Skecher boots I have been wanting for almost 2 yrs. This past X-Mas I couldn't find them, so I emailed Skechers, They had no explanation except they were discontinued! I looked on ebay and some more other places, still no boots!
Guess What???I found them on that website. I should be getting them in the next few days!!!

This may not be new to some of you, if it is check it out!!! It's worth it!!!
Monique

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How can you folks buy shoes on-line? I find every shoe fits differently so I may take a 1/2 size larger or smaller for a good fit and therefore need to try shoes on and walk around a bit to ensure they don't hurt my feet. If I ordered on-line, I'd probably end up with a closet full of shoes I couldn't wear.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you!! Unless I am getting a pair of shoes that I already have I have to try them on first!! I have a problem with scar tissue on the joint of my right big toe so many shoes don't fit properly.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd love to buy online, but I'm too worried stuff won't fit right. I have to try it on first!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I really like a pair of shoes, I will go to a store that has the brand and try them on. I know that sounds a little silly for not buying them when they are right there, but I only do it if I am going to save a good bit of money. I like most things Dr. Martens puts out, but they never heard of standard sizing, so those must be tried on. I have a pair of slides and a pair of sandals from them and there are 2 sizes difference. Their black boots size differently from their brown boots. I love the Air Wair soles, they are so comfy. Zappo's is a good online shoe store, too. I want to see the 6pm.con, though, they might have the discontinued Reeboks that I wore out several pairs of.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I found a great website. The name is 6pm.com their shoes and prices and far better than zapposl I can't believe the sale prices!!!I have been looking since
yr before last for this one pair of Skechers Boots, called Flurry. I had sent
Skecher's an email asking them about these boots, they said they had been discontinued them! Bummer! So I started this search for almost 2 yrs and I
somehow stumbled onto the 6pm.com....and there there are

and I got them for 35 bucks!!!! I'm so tickled!!!!They are too cute!
Anyway, if you go there, I hope you are as pleased abouit it as I am!!!
Monique

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was leery of buying online too. But finally did last month because I cannot find boots I like in stores. I went with zappos because of the fast shipping and return policy.
The boots I got were slightly large - as expected, but with added insoles and thicker socks (for winter) they fit perfectly.

A tip, read buyer reviews!
Reviews can help tell you if there's any problem with the shoe itself or how they're sized.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
zappos is the best w/ free shipping, and return! But they never have a good sale, it's always like 10 percent off and that is just not enough sometimes!
zappos service is totally awesome, one time I was looking for a certain pair of shoes, they sent me a pair, the size I ordered but it was too little, I sent them back and called to see if they had the size I really needed? the girl was so nice, heck she even looked up where I could go on the internet to find some more that were my size. She found where they were and gave me the info. Not too many companies would do that for ya!!! 6pm.com is not zappos,but they have some awesome prices! Plus they had the boots I love!!
I'll see how the service is ... I don't usually buy online, but all ya got to do is send it right back! I have ordered 2 pair, and just mailed one back no problem, I have gotten to where I don't really like going out to shop anymore so online is great! I can order something and get it in a couple of days, verses
going 30 miles to the nearest mall, which I don't do everyday! Anyway just thought I would share that site with everyone!

mechanicalman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

How can you folks buy shoes on-line? I find every shoe fits differently so I may take a 1/2 size larger or smaller for a good fit and therefore need to try shoes on and walk around a bit to ensure they don't hurt my feet.
I know my size, and most shoes that I've purchased have been true-to-size. I've been wearing mostly Born shoes for the past few years, and those are sized pretty accurately. I haven't bought shoes at a B&M in many years, and I've never had to return any of the shoes that I've purchased online (wish I could say the same about other articles of clothing). You can get size info on lots of shoes at Zappos (great site, not-so-great prices). I've purchased "off-size" because of Zappos reviews a couple times, and the shoes were the correct size. Also, the biggest online shoe stores typically have free returns, so fit isn't a major issue when purchasing from them. I don't pay anywhere close to retail for my shoes, so buying online has benefits.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How can you folks buy shoes on-line? I find every shoe fits differently so I may take a 1/2 size larger or smaller for a good fit and therefore need to try shoes on and walk around a bit to ensure they don't hurt my feet. If I ordered on-line, I'd probably end up with a closet full of shoes I couldn't wear.
:yeha: I am the same way..even trying them on at the actual store..sometimes "my size" doesn't fit!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Don't worry I'm the same way too. I really wish I could buy online, but I have a high arch in my foot...so I'm very limited to the shoes that I can buy. Many shoes like those at DSW I still have problems with.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I buy shoes online, usually (unworn only) one on eBay. I'm a size 5, and a lot of trouble finding my size in stores. I've had good luck buying online, but then again, I'm not very picky, and don't kind the shoes being a bit loose--I've gotten used to wearing slightly larger ones--I have to take what I can get--even if it's 1/2 a size bigger. And anyone who thinks having small feet is great should come with me to the shoe store before I need a pair in a certain style/color for a special occasion! It took me literally 9-10 months to find a pair of brown heels that weren't sandals (in my price range). Nothing fancy, just brown pumps in my size. Had to go to eBay! I also wear kids' shoes in a pinch; I can find some decent flats there sometimes. And it's embarrassing! I once saw a little girl watching me try them on; when her Mom came up, she said, "Mommy, Mommy--she can't do that!" "What do you mean?" "She's a BIG girl, and she's wearing little girl shoes--she CAN'T do THAT!" But, on the other hand, it's nice to be taller than the other people around, for once! (I'm also short.)

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Don't worry I'm the same way too. I really wish I could buy online, but I have a high arch in my foot...so I'm very limited to the shoes that I can buy. Many shoes like those at DSW I still have problems with.
I also have very high arches, but I only have trouble with boots or anything with a deep toe. Not to be nosey, but what do you have trouble with fitting? Just curious! Thanks!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

I also have very high arches, but I only have trouble with boots or anything with a deep toe. Not to be nosey, but what do you have trouble with fitting? Just curious! Thanks!
Big time. I'm like a 7 3/4 size. A 7 1/2 is too small, an 8 is too big. Then if I don't get something with a decent arch support, my feet hurt and my back will hurt.

I also have narrow heels, so half the time I walk around looking like a kid in her mom's shoes

Somedays I wish that I could afford a custom made shoe...a shoe smith or shoemaker comes in, makes a mold of my foot and then creates a designer like shoe based on my foot.