I do not take orders from

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a cat,

I am a human you are a cat, I can go to bed when i feel like i need to.
i dont need your help, to tell me when its time for bed(besides i have a human wife to tell me this)

This is just getting silly, 2 hours after i get home, heyu is sitting in front of the bedroom door or laying in the bed meowing until i go to bed.....this is a habit she has started for the last couple of months.

so am i the only one that has a cat that thinks there is a set time for bed?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, Ophelia does this often with Earl especially. Of course, she also decides when he should take a nap too (when she wants to snuggle). It isn't a set time, though. It's just whenever she decides that he's been up long enough and it's her time now!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky & Ben do the opposite. They think it's play time when I am going to bed. Heyu just wants to make sure you're well rested

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe, nope! Both of mine know when it's bed time...or when it should be bed time. One or the other will run to the bed room if I get up and walk in that direction around the time of my afternoon nap or if it's late at night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol good so i am not aloan with a want to be boss cat.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"I am the human and you are the cat" is a phrase often to be heard from me

Sonic really dislikes it when I get up in the morning, yesterday I woke to find him clamped around my arm. Every time I tried to disentangle myself from his grip he just held on tighter and gave a plaintive yowl.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mainly on a weekend when i'm up late, Rosie and Sophie make their way up to bed after 11.p.m because i'm usually in bed at that time on a working day, and now Jacks started to follow them

Do as Heyu tells you Bruce!!. Remember cats own us, we don't own them

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness that is too funny! Ours never want us to go to bed so we don't have exactly the same problem as you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well right on que,
i am now being told its bed time, heyu is laying in her cat bed(which is on the bed) and keep meowing

hehe so i guess i will listen and go to bed

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dog Sophie stands in the door way of the livving room, first she yawns really loud, then she streteches, If I ignore her a little more she yawns again, then she starts whining. So my dog puts me to bed and my Cat wakes up in the morning, Lucky starts meowing it just gets louder and louder until you get out of bed and pet her, and don't think that you are going back to bed ,

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my friends old room-mates cat did that. Charolette would sit at the bottom of the stairs and meow and meow until she went to bed. This usually started at about 9pm.

My girls just try to tell me when to get up if I've slept too late.