Am I crazy?!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I signed up for college class for the spring semester. I'm taking 16 hours spring semester, and working 27 and a half hours. Do you think I'm going in over my head?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

Well I signed up for college class for the spring semester. I'm taking 16 hours spring semester, and working 27 and a half hours. Do you think I'm going in over my head?
If you manage your time properly you can do it! When I was in nursing school I worked nearly full time in my second year while going to school full time. It was hard, but if you want something badly enough you find a way.

Just take your books and assignments with you to work and work on them on your breaks. Wherever possible work ahead in your school work to lighten the load.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on what classes you are taking. You might want to email the teachers and see how much the out of class course load is. If its classes that involve a lot of homework you might be a bit on the crazy side!

sham

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Depends on you. The average for the program I was in was 18 credit hours with classes spaced so you were there from 6am to 6pm. Most then worked evening jobs and some had herds of horses to feed in the morning and work in between everything else. Out of those that weren't using it as a prep for veterinary programs and transferring before the end nearly all graduated.