Human baby food vs. Wet canned cat food

ninababy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I posted this before, but it may have been obscured by all my other rambling.. lol
This is regarding my 6.5 month old female calico kitty Nina who I am currently switching her food from IAMs kitten to Purina ONE kitten (b/c I was told purina is better than Iams) and I hope to switch from that to Nutro Natural choice for kittens. Unfortunately, pet stores are really far from where I live so I usually am forced to shop at Walmart, target, kroger, publix etc..but i will try to make a trip to get the Nutro brand I've heard so much about. At rescue gave me nutro max canned food, but I just ran out, so is it better for me to get, pet canned food (what I can find in the grocery stores, like friskes, 9 lives, etc..) or feed her human baby food?? If it is the pet food, what brand should I get, and if it is the baby food, what flavors/food should I get??

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Baby food is only advised for things like syringe feeding... as it is NOT complete for a cat ...

Walmart carrys decent to good cat food...

Natural life is the best there

but meow mix pouches and sheba are also good ... as are a few of FF and Iams cans just read the labels

dogrunner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can order practically anything from petfood direct.com and some companies, like Timberwolf organics, allow you to order from the site. Most give discounts that equal the shipping or give free shipping over a certain amount.

Cats are carnivores and while they need some additives in their food (such as taurine), they really don't need (and are better off without) grains. TWO, Wellness, and others have a variety of grain-free food.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dogrunner

You can order practically anything from petfood direct.com and some companies, like Timberwolf organics, allow you to order from the site. Most give discounts that equal the shipping or give free shipping over a certain amount.

Cats are carnivores and while they need some additives in their food (such as taurine), they really don't need (and are better off without) grains. TWO, Wellness, and others have a variety of grain-free food.
WELCOME to TCS...

Yes many will order online but MANY of us are still not comfy with that so

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baby food really is for babies; cat food is for cats. I never liked the idea of people feeding cats baby food. I've seen them do it at shows. I've tried it once with my cats and they couldn't stand the stuff - so their show treats are more cat related.