Well, Now I'm In Trouble!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other day, I posted a thread regarding our "Sanford & Son" neighbors, and their abuse & neglect of their pets - specifically their cats - who I've been feeding on a regular basis b/c THEY'RE obviously NOT.

Well, this morning, I'm out on the porch as usual giving them their food, and Mr. Sanford & Son "catches" me doing so. He proceeds to yell across the fence, "Those are OUR cats, ya know! Why are y'all feeding them?" I lost my cool, and yelled back at him, "Well they wouldn't be coming over here to eat if ya'll were feeding them properly!"
Mr. Sanford & Son then says, "I don't think that's any of your business!" I respond back by saying, "Well maybe it's not, but I'm MAKING it my business! Haven't you even noticed how sickly your cat was (referring to whom I call 'Stubby', b/c she only has half a tail), and how much better she looks now since she's getting proper nourishment?!" He gave me a look that could have killed, and proceeded to stomp off into the house..

So now I suppose I've started a neighborhhood feud..

Sometimes, I just don't know when to keep my big mouth shut..

~KK~

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully that guy takes care of his animals better! You may of made the neighbors mad but its their fault for not properly taking care of their animals. At least you care enough to feed them when they aren't getting enough food at home. We would of done the same thing!

We have neighbors like that too. Not quite to that extent but they are not responsible with their animals either. Don't ever think you should of kept your mouth shut...its great that you spoke up, more people should do that
Those cats didn't go hungry because of you!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have opened my mouth too. You didn't do anything wrong, the guy is a jerk
, maybe he'll start taking care of his animals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My cat Mellow

maybe what you said hit home with them and they will start to look after the animals better, I hope so anyway.
I doubt that it will do any good.
They obviously don't care, or they wouldn't be letting it happen in the first place.
You can tell that these people are "trash", just by looking at their yard: it looks worse than a trash dump! Which indicates to me that if they don't have any concern for starting a local dump, they surely aren't concerned w/ the health of their pets, either.

As soon as we can afford to take Stubby into the vet for a health check, she is going to "mysteriously" disappear and become a member of the family! I know my s/o will probably have a fit, but I think he's learned a looong time ago not to argue w/ me when it comes to the abuse of animals!! One more cat certainly isn't going to make much of a difference.

Besides, if he grumbles too much, I'll just remind him of the time when HE told ME that I couldn't adopt any more cats, then proceeded to bring Spencer home HIMSELF!
That'll shut him up!

~KK~