I am sooo mad

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so annoyed at my 10 year old son right now. for the last two weeks I have been up several times a night with my 4 year old, she is scared shaking and having terrible nightmares, I finally got it out of her tonight, that her brother has been telling her scary ghost stories. I just had a talk with him, at first he was giggling, he doesn't think it's funny anymore. I sent him to bed. now I have to think of a good way to punish him, any ideas?

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I think you ought to make him wake up to console her when she's having nightmares.
Good idea. If anything, there's always the 'no desert, no t.v., no games' trick.
That always worked for my Dad when I was a kid.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think you ought to make him wake up to console her when she's having nightmares.
That is SOOOOO what I'm thinking. Another good one is to have him read (nice) Fairy Tales or nice bedtime stories to her every night for a week.

koodeez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think you outta make him watch Hostel or Nightmare on Elm Street.... Night of the Living Dead might put him in his place as well.

The one that got me as a child was "The Shining"... Those two little girls.....yikes!!!

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by koodeez

The one that got me as a child was "The Shining"... Those two little girls.....yikes!!!
Oh my God I didn't sleep for 3 weeks after watching that when I was 11!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First I think he owes his sister an apology - big time! Second has he seen how scared she is. Maybe when she wakes up again from nitemares, then wake your son up and have him come and and see what he's done to her so he really understands.

DH has a suggestion - let your son pick his own punishment. Have a "punishment jar" with some of the things you use now; e.g. (1) grounded for 3 days; (2) grounded for a week; (3) no computer use/games for ...# days, etc.

Then have him choose one of them by picking out of the jar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you. I did what you sugggested, he felt guilt and he was upset to see her cry, I don't know why he did this, he is usually so good to her, I am pretty sure he got the point

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

Thank you. I did what you sugggested, he felt guilt and he was upset to see her cry, I don't know why he did this, he is usually so good to her, I am pretty sure he got the point
He's a little boy, he probably just thought they were cool and didnt know they would scare her that bad. I'm sure you know how little boys can be! My cousins used to do that to me all the time!

koodeez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by koodeez

I think you outta make him watch Hostel or Nightmare on Elm Street.... Night of the Living Dead might put him in his place as well.
Forgot to say...........J/K..... I wouldn't expect you do that...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

That is SOOOOO what I'm thinking. Another good one is to have him read (nice) Fairy Tales or nice bedtime stories to her every night for a week.
I think , I am going to also tell, him he needs to do something nice for his sister, My Dh told me this morning, he did the same thing to his sister, but she was a year older than him. he said it is a boy thing. he also put a spider on her pillow. I told him he had better not give our son any more ideas

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great suggestions here.

I want to share a little story from our daughter's file. When she was about 8 years old her favourite movie was Gremlins. (She's always been a bit of a horror film buff and continues to be today.) Anyway she seemed fine with no nightmares or anything so we didn't see any harm in her friend watching it with her. Not a good move - the little girl's mother came over the next day and reamed me and my husband out for letting her watch the movie, said she'd been up with nightmares all night.