Oh my lord! I HAVE to keep my husband off of ebay!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH found an inflatible Christmas archway that he wants to get and put over our dirt road. Now, keep in mind, there is only 1 more house at the end of the dirt road where a 90 year old woman lives with her 60 year old son.

Background, my husband is a Christmas freak...as in the more obnoxious the better when it comes to outside decorations. Anything inflatible or animated he loves. I grew up much more conservatively. We had the door outlined with lights and garland, a wreath on the door, a lighted swag on the front gate and candles in the window.

Now, I can handle the lighted animated reindeer and lighted spiral Christmas trees. I accepted the lighted ladder with Santa Clause and his elves that attached from the ground to the roof. I can live with "one" inflatible bubble thing in my front yard. But, an archway???

Am I being unreasonable? (Let me say, we don't have children...unless my husband counts!
)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooh! Sounds like it would be cute!!! (I'm sorry, I know that's not the answer you were looking for!) I know Christmas Freaks like your husband and I can go overboard sometimes, but it's CHRISTMAS!!!!!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
You're not being unreasonable. When i was younger and used to like Christmas, all the decorations and seeing peoples houses at night time all lit up was cool. Now days it's all commercial and gawdy. Simpler is sometimes better.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my oh my!!!!!
that's quite the christmas you have going on there!
I grew up the same way you did. Traditional and classy. I would like to decorate the same way, This will be the first time we have had a house to decorate so I guess we will see how my SO decorates!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you seen the movie "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"? I bet you would get a few good laughs out of it!

I love to decorate for Christmas too! Do you have a picture of what the archway looks like?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRISTMAS-LIGHTE...QQcmdZViewItem

This is it. Yes, I've seen National Lampoons Christmas (still waiting for the squirrel in the tree), and I've also watched Tim Taylor on Home Improvement. Both scare me.

This has now become a fight, and I now have a headache.
Oh my!
How funny!!!
Does he REALLY need the inflatable santa archway?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Yeah sure because the inflatable Haunted house he bought wasn't enough

I remember that picture! Aww your hubby looked sooooo happy and proud of his haunted house!
I bet he would get along great with the inflatable santa archway hubby!

In all reality though- i bet the people who come up with these "inflatable yard decorations" make a fortune!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol you people are no fun.
i am sure each of you have baught stuff the guy in the house thinks is silly and a waste of money, let the guy hvae some fun.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you have a "Clark Griswald" on your hands. Was he deprived as a kid?

Just let him have a separate "Christmas Fund" where he can put a small amount of money in and can use ONLY that money for his toys. As long as all the bills are paid and you have food and emergency money, then let him have a little fun.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hehe, that's funny!

It's very cute though!
I'm sure you'd get lots of great comments from people passing by!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, DH reminded me last night that we did have a discussion about Christmas when we decided to build a house...I'm in charge of decorating inside, and he gets to decorate the outside. I guess I should have been specific about what he could decorate with!
Looks like I'm destined to have Disneyworld in my front lawn.