It's driving me crazy!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard a song on the radio earlier and it was similar to Enigma. But I don't think it was them.
I couldn't even tell you the words to it

It sounded kinda indian or celtic or.....
I don't know how to explain it but it's driving me crazy!

Any clue ya'll?

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Newer? Older? What kind of radio station did it air on? There are other Ambient-type groups out there but the only two I can think of other than Enigma is Dead Can Dance or Delirium, but I haven't been into that since I was in high school. *shrug*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Newer? Older? What kind of radio station did it air on? There are other Ambient-type groups out there but the only two I can think of other than Enigma is Dead Can Dance or Delirium, but I haven't been into that since I was in high school. *shrug*
It's newer
And it sounds like there is a man singing in it
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Do you remember any of the lyrics?
Nope
I can just remember it sounding like enigma and a man singing it it.... I am so bad. I think it aired on a pop or rock station..

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've got two ideas:

I recently heard a song just like you describe on a movie that was on TV, and I was driving myself crazy trying to find out WHO sang it, because I've heard it on the radio all the time and I love it! I also originally thought it was gaelic or celtic because I couldn't figure out the lyrics (lol), but it's actually all english. Turns out it's called Dreams, sung by The Cranberries. Mmmmm, am listening to it now.... lol

The other song that I'm thinking of is called The Child In Us. It was (and is) sung by Enigma, but the one I'm thinking of is a sort of redo with Enigma and Enya. Enya adds in her own voice in and it makes the song just positively haunting (IMO). It has the male voice, which is why I'm thinking it's more likely this song rather than the Cranberry song (might not be either one, though). I used it for a slideshow movie for movie, so for a quickie in figuring out if this is the right song, check here:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog

I've got two ideas:

I recently heard a song just like you describe on a movie that was on TV, and I was driving myself crazy trying to find out WHO sang it, because I've heard it on the radio all the time and I love it! I also originally thought it was gaelic or celtic because I couldn't figure out the lyrics (lol), but it's actually all english. Turns out it's called Dreams, sung by The Cranberries. Mmmmm, am listening to it now.... lol

The other song that I'm thinking of is called The Child In Us. It was (and is) sung by Enigma, but the one I'm thinking of is a sort of redo with Enigma and Enya. Enya adds in her own voice in and it makes the song just positively haunting (IMO). It has the male voice, which is why I'm thinking it's more likely this song rather than the Cranberry song (might not be either one, though). I used it for a slideshow movie for movie, so for a quickie in figuring out if this is the right song, check here:
Those are both good songs but not it

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think you're talking about "Apologize" by One Republic and Timbaland