Your cats funny habits

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What funny habits do your cats have?

Mine curls up on the settee then shows her tummy in a 'take me home with you' manner, regardless of the fact she is home!

Also, when she's drinking out of the bird bath, onle she trod on a twig and nearly had heart failure, judging by her behaviour. The twig came up (didn't hit her luckily) but she saw it move and nearly jumped out of her skin!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout follows me into the bathroom..and tries to stalk the *ahem" toilet paper AS I'm doing business with it...

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Popsie follows me in the bathroom and jumps up the counter to play with the water.
I always turn it on for him, it gives me entertainment while I'm doing my business.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geronimo always follows me into the bathroom for some lovin' and will want to sit on my lap, when I'm doing my business.
That's the only time I DON'T want him sitting on my lap! Any other time I don't mind - which, of course, is WHY he wants to do it when I don't want him to!

~KK~

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Geronimo always follows me into the bathroom for some lovin' and will want to sit on my lap, when I'm doing my business.
He knows you are his captive audience!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kahlua HATES HATES HATES being locked in a room. She knows how to open the doors and will try her best. Even if its just for a minute she freaks out and runs to the door and starts scratching at it and giving me worried looks!
Oh and Joey LOVES my boyfriend. And if Gary comes in he will come running from where ever he is and start rubbing on him and sitting on his lap and stuff. Its really cute

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Kahlua HATES HATES HATES being locked in a room. She knows how to open the doors and will try her best. Even if its just for a minute she freaks out and runs to the door and starts scratching at it and giving me worried looks!
Geronimo just hates it if he's locked OUT of a room!
If I shut the door on him anywhere in the house, he'll whine & scratch & just have a fit if he can't get to his Meowmy!

~KK~

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mitzi often follows me into the bathroom and tends to sit on my lap, drink water from the bath and sink tap, and also bites my feet when I'm not actually doing anything!
She also likes to sit right on the edge of her litter tray when she's doing her business, and once she has actually tipped it over

She often has fits, running about like a total madhead. A few minutes ago we were playing with one of her toys. She freaked out, went to run upstairs at 70mph, and smacked her head on the bannister on the way up.

...What shall i do with her?

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It seems like a lot of our cats have wierd bathroom habits. All of mine follow me to the bathroom every morning. Nemo rubs all around my legs, Mercury usually curls up in the sink, Trinity likes to yell at me like "come on mom!Time to eat" because she knows I fill up her bowls after I am done in the bathroom in the morning. Bentley just watches the madness like "geez, I have a crazy family".

As far as other wierd habits. . . . Trinity likes to be petted while she eats. She will meow at me until I follow her to her bowl to pet her while she has her meal. I kind of wonder if she does this because when I first got her, I would pet her while I fed her because I read somewhere that was a good way to bond with a kitten. Nemo has started copying her on this habit lately too. I'm not really sure what it's all about.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) Sliver loves to be padded on the back, she meows loudly when you stop.
She also loves to knead everything, it looks like shes taking a poo.
2) Snowball loves to be stretched after taking a nap.
3) Sage loves to play hide & seek. He runs & hides, we call his name,
he gets so excited, he mews & then runs down the hall.
4) Sushie loves to play fetch with her pink sparkly ball toy. We throw it for her,
then she brings it back to whichever one of us she wants to throw the toy.
5) Spooky has cat OCD, she must drink her water a certain way everytime.
If you touch her during her process, she must restart all over again.
6) Spici is a spunky spaz. Shes a growler & a hisser. She loves to go after the
rest of the cats & show that shes suppose to be the dominant one.
7) Shilo loves chasing after kitties. She loves Spici but the feeling is not mutual.
Spici hisses at her but Shilo still follows her anyways.
8) Sadee loves to take toys. We'll be playing with her & she'll steal the toy so she can have it all to herself.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My roommate has a coffee tabel that's got a shelf on the bottom and then the glass top. To protect the glass she made a cover for it that goes all the way to the floor. Hennessy climbs under the cover and lays on the shelf... and then grabs for anything that walks past.

It's hilarious the first time guests find out where the cat went.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bijou loves to jump on our back if we are leaning over doing something and will move up close to our head, start purring and rubbing against our face/neck. It isn't safe to bend down to pick anything up if you aren't wearing a thick top.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katz4Life

8) Sadee loves to take toys. We'll be playing with her & she'll steal the toy so she can have it all to herself.
Geronimo has his own "special" toys (specifically his "fetch" ball), but he'll still steal the other cats' toys just because THEY have them!

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

She often has fits, running about like a total madhead. A few minutes ago we were playing with one of her toys. She freaked out, went to run upstairs at 70mph, and smacked her head on the bannister on the way up.
Geronimo will go running after his fetch ball like a total maniac across the wooden kitchen floor, and will sometimes lose his footing and will smash his head into the corner of the doorway!
I often wonder if that's why he's such a looney!

~KK~