What's the Neatest "Cat" Gift You've Ever Received?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, it would have to be this year for my birthday: my s/o got me a coffee mug, with Geronimo's pic on it - it's so cool!

Of course, now I want to get a mug with ALL my furbabies' pics on it!

What's the neatest cat gift you've ever received??

~KK~

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww what a neat gift!!!!

Mine is a little wooden hand crafted picture that has a cat sitting infront of a door and reads "Pets welcome, children must be on a leash"
I got it from my mom!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carolcat sent me a coffee mug with Tianna's picture on it. (For you newbies, Tianna is Mika and Bijou's sister whom I flew to California for Carol after she fell in love with Bijou.) We had Tianna in our home for about 4 days before her flight while we got vet checks and vaccinations for the airline and of course we all fell in love with her - she's such an affectionate little thing.

So, when that mug came in the mail with beautiful Tianna's picture on it, I put it in my china cabinet right at the front so I see her pretty little face every time I walk by.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really want one of those pawprint ornament kits. I will have to gift it to myself

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is in part how I knew my husband was a "keeper". For our first Valentines Day he got me a coven of cats candle. His idea was that I could keep at his house to remind me of Frankie when I was with him and away from her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Awww what a neat gift!!!!

Mine is a little wooden hand crafted picture that has a cat sitting infront of a door and reads "Pets welcome, children must be on a leash"
I got it from my mom!
My s/o got me a sign that reads. "Cat Napping: Come back in one hour!" I put it on the porch, b/c that's where all our strays take their naps, and I thought it was a befitting place to hang it.

Another neat cat gift I received was from one of my good friends who is also a cat lover, and who knows how much I love cat stuff! It's a cat-bracelet, with black, white, and gold kitties: I just love it!
Unfortunately, it broke, and couldn't be repaired.
But I found another one just like it in one of my catalogs, and it's on my wishlist to purchase whenever I get a few extra $$'s!

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I hesitate to say what gift has touched me the most, as I've been so happy to get little "Beware of Cat" and "This home is owned and operated by the cat" plaques, coffee mugs with cat images or photos of Jamie, cat earrings, cat Christmas decorations, key chains, T-shirts, etc.. I guess I was most thrilled with the "going away" present I got from a class that graduated soon after we got Jamie: The students all pitched in and bought him a cat bed, which they filled with cat toys, treats, a book on the care of cats, and various cat foods, and added a DVD of an old film I'd mentioned. It was a gift that showed so much thought that it brought tears to my eyes.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't choose just one, but two of my all time favorites are an original Karen Kuykendall framed piece featuring 3 handpainted rocks, it says "peace is a purring cat" and a signed limited edition JS Perry piece that features a large cappicinio cup with persian cats as the whipped cream. I just love her work (www.jsperry.com)

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some of my favorite cat gifts:
I have to post pics to do them justice:
Pam (Pami) had this done for me when
Bella
passed away last year.

My DH had this made for me for my B-day a few years ago.

There are many others: A beautiful bracelet with Bella's pic on it, a Pendant with Bella's pic on it, a Heart with Bella's name on it...and the list goes on and on

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It wasn't really a gift per say - bought it for me. I have two realistic (and very uncommon) Cornish Rex figurines - a blue one and a calico one. They were bought at a cat show and haven't seen them at any show since

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last fall, I mentioned to my mom how much I'd loved playing with a neighbor's Russian nesting dolls when I was a child, and how I'd always wanted a set of my own when I was young. For Christmas last year, she gave me a set of "Cat Lady Nesting Dolls" - each doll is painted holding a cat, and then the tiniest doll inside is actually the cat itself. I thought this was a very thoughtful gift, and I treasure it, especially since it came from Mom.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got a gift card for the Humane Society from my sister for Christmas which enabled me to adopt Loki, and my mom paid the adoption fee for Possum for my birthday. Do those count?

I'd say those are pretty awesome "cat gifts"!

No one has given me actual cat themed gifts.

Tricia

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had to think about this one...

The first thing that came to mind is a bumper sticker that a friend of mine got me in honor of Ophelia, "My cat is smarter than your honor student"

But then I thought about it some more, and while she wasn't really a "gift" I feel like I was given a wonderful gift by Eileen, who trusted me with a beautiful soul without even meeting me...Ginger.