Oh the horror

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A neighborhood cat just walked up to my parents back door with a big frog in its mouth. I went to the door and it took off. Frogs are my favorite animals next to cats. Oh why did it have to be a frog?

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I always get upset when I see snakes dead, or people mis-treating them. Same thing with turtles. I'll stop the car on the street to rescue a turtle from the road!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few years ago I had to rescue a baby bunny from our old tom-cat Smokey, he was throwing it into the air and wacking it around, the poor thing. We ended up having to bottle feed the bunny (the mother wouldn't take it back smelling of people) and raised it then gave it to the little girl next door (with her parents permision) It was a beautiful little bunny

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Years ago, many years, my DH (now ex) and I were living in El Paso, Texas. Let me tell you about Texas cockroaches - everythings bigger in Texas!

One night I woke up just in time to see Yasa, our black smoke Oriental SH, drop a three inch long - live!- roach in bed with us.
I used DH for traction getting out of that bed!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittiesHasMe

Years ago, many years, my DH (now ex) and I were living in El Paso, Texas. Let me tell you about Texas cockroaches - everythings bigger in Texas!
Ain't it the truth!
When I first moved to Texas and saw the first big honkin' cockroach, I freaked!
EWWWW!!

My furbabies (especially Maverick) just love to chase those little lizards around. I always have to rescue them, b/c I can't stand to see anything suffer.
Of course, I then get "the Look" b/c I've taken their "toy" away from them.

But I never stop them if they find one of those cockroaches..

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittiesHasMe

One night I woke up just in time to see Yasa, our black smoke Oriental SH, drop a three inch long - live!- roach in bed with us.
I used DH for traction getting out of that bed!
OMG!!!!! I'd poop my pants.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Uh, cockroaches! I do not enjoy the MN winters, but it is nice that the bugs all disappear for half the year.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a little girl, my brothers used to have about 100 lizards in a large aquarium. One night while we were all at church, our cats managed to get the cover off. They must have had a blast because we came home to almost 100 LIZARD HALVES all over the floor! YUCK!!! Only a few lucky lizards survived. My brothers and I had to go to the park and catch more!

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

When I was a little girl, my brothers used to have about 100 lizards in a large aquarium. One night while we were all at church, our cats managed to get the cover off. They must have had a blast because we came home to almost 100 LIZARD HALVES all over the floor! YUCK!!! Only a few lucky lizards survived. My brothers and I had to go to the park and catch more!
OMG, I think I would completely freak out! Years ago we used to have a pair of fat-tailed geckos, and once my cat managed to release all the crickets I'd just brought home. He had a great time hunting all those little buggers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I'd make a comment, but the OP might hit me on the head so will keep my mouth shut on this one!
Go ahead an make your comment. I don't mind.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I used to have parakeets (NOT a good combination to have when you have cats!) and when I came home one day from work, the parakeet cage was laying on the floor with one of the parakeets trapped underneath it (HOW it got trapped there, I don't know - but the poor thing somehow managed to survive
), and the other parakeets pearched on the curtain rods. I can only imagine just what went on between the cats & parakeets while I was gone.
Somehow, by the grace of God I suppose, all the parakeets managed to survive the disaster!
After that incident, I found a way to hang the cage off the ceiling, so the cats couldn't get to the parakeets again...

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NinaCaliente

Uh, cockroaches! I do not enjoy the MN winters, but it is nice that the bugs all disappear for half the year.
That's ONE thing I DO miss about those frigid Wisconsin winters! All the nasty bugs & also germs get killed off!
It never gets cold enough in Texas to destroy all that nasty stuff..

~KK~