Arizona......

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There might be a job opening in Arizona that Jerry would be interested in...........oh, what do you guys think? That's so FARRR from Ohio!!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
so you maybe ( I mean you and the Fur-Family) maybe would to Move for Arizona?
tell me my friend, wich weather do you like most? Heat or Cold?...
don´t you think would be more options of work for you in these state?...

and you´ll support at the Diamondbacks instead of The TRIBE of Cleveland?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a trip down there & see if you really like it. Do some research on the jobs that would be avaliable to you too
I have family that lives down there near Pheonix, they love it, its always warm, but they don't have the humidity like we do!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went there with Jerry a year or so ago on business and it was very nice, just very different.........I prefer warm weather over cold Amigo......just not alot of greenery there like i"m used to here.....plus all our family is here.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

There might be a job opening in Arizona that Jerry would be interested in...........oh, what do you guys think? That's so FARRR from Ohio!!
GO GO GO! You'll love it!

It's far from Ohio, but it's so nice!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

GO GO GO! You'll love it!

It's far from Ohio, but it's so nice!
Oh, I've been there Heather......it is nice, no doubt. Just a diffrent kind of nice from here.........

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was stationed at Yuma, AZ in '79, and I loved it. It's a starkly beautiful type of place. The only thing is, walking through Phoenix one weekend, listening to christmas music in the 70 degree weather in the middle of a desert, is kind of strange the first time

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where in Arizona? We have friends in Phoenix, and I quite like it there. It's not home, but it's certainly not a bad place to live.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How different are the expenses there compared to Ohio for the cost of living/etc? Would you two be more financially secure if he took the job down there or if you stayed?

What's the housing market like there? (I believe it's a buyer's market now (my sister's looking around here for a home). What are your plans if you're able to buy a home there but it takes a while to sell yours here? Maybe you could talk with a realator/research online and just check things out?

Will you need to work if you two move to Az? Will you be able to find a job in the field you like working in?
I would take a little while to sit down with Jerry and talk over some of the important questions ya'll need to address about moving out of state/etc.

And most importantly- are you going to be happy if you move? Are you going to be ok moving away from your family and just visiting? I know for me- part of the reason i refuse to move anywhere out of state from where i live now is i am SOOOOOOOO darn close to my family- for me i'd be miserable without them. I see them just about every day. So for me personally- i would have attachment issues about leaving. BUT for many people- moving is just the thing they need to jumpstart their new lives/careers!
It can be a very positive thing for people- exploring a new city, having a fresh start,etc- there are definitely pros and cons....i would just make sure you both agree on the move and research!
Good luck whatever you decide!

azcarol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm from AZ (hence my screenname, he he!).
We moved here from California almost 13 years ago. We love it. Of course it wasn't such a drastic weather change for us. Is the job in the Phoenix metro area? That's where I am!

You can ask me any specific questions about AZ if you'd like, and I'll answer the best as I can. Good luck, whatever you decide!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I think Arizona would be beautiful

That might be good for you right now Susie
Hard to see it that way right now Nat........so many rotten things have happend lately.........well, time will tell. I sure hope he gets promoted, but I don't want to move that far away........

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

just not alot of greenery there like i"m used to here.....plus all our family is here.
Parts of AZ are different from one another. Tuscon has more greens than Phoenix. So it depends on what part of the state you're looking at?

It definitely is an adjustment too...for example in the summertime many workers do not work during the day...it's just too hot. So they'll do as much as they can until 10:00 and then quit until after 6:00 pm...or they try to do as much work as they can during the winter months.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My sister lives in Ohio half of the year and Arizona the other half. She'll be dropping in my house (located in the middle) after Thanksgiving on their semi-annual drive between the two.

Personally, I love Arizona and would move out there if the right job were available to me. But I've always been a desert rat at heart.

Where is the job in Arizona? I assume the Phoenix area as that is where most of the jobs are located.

Hey - if you choose to move you could make our house a stop over point. Everyone else I know does this while traveling cross country!!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My family has been in Tucson, for over 50 years and we currently have 4 generations living here. Arizona has everything, from blazing hot deserts to Alpine zones. Phoenix is becoming more like LA, all the time.

Here in Tucson, one can be splashing in the pool and within an hour, be on a ski slope. Tucson's unemployment rate is below the national average and cost of living is relatively low. Median home price is about $200,000. Right now, it's a buyers' market and they're practically giving away homes.

Right now, the biggest employment markets are law enforcement (sheriff, Border Patrol, corrections officers), medical and call centers.