1 and half weeks kittens!

miharu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i just adopted two 1 and half weeks kittens. I am kind of exited and worried.

I feed them milk through feed bottle when they wake up or when they cried.

I've read how to feed them through feed bottle and how to help them eliminate.
hehe and that i need to keep them warm.

what i am worried about is, is it normal that kittens always cries when they woke up? mine seems to cry and cry and only stop when feeding milk or sleep.

then, how does its poo looks like? yesterday the poo was smooth solid and brownish-like, today fluffly had diarrea ( i forgot how to spell...
) but the color are still brown, is there something wrong?

and sometime after drinking milk, the milk will come out of the kitten nose, and they seem to have trouble breathing, like they have a cold, is it ok? should i go see a vet?

thank u!~

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The kittens need to be on KMR (kitten milk replacer) if they're not already. Cows milk doesn't have enough fat and has to much natural sugars. It can also cause diarrhea or loose stools.

Milk coming out the nose indicates that the kitten got too much milk too fast. There is a real danger of the kitten getting pneumonia if the milk gets into it's lungs. So slow and easy on the feeding.

If they are crying between feedings they may be too cold and need to be warmed up.

If you can't get KMR, I have a recipe for a goat's milk formula that I have raised many litters of kittens on. PM me if you need it.

Raising tiny kittens up to be loving companions is very rewarding and hard work.
Sending you and the kittens many good vibes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miharu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittiesHasMe

The kittens need to be on KMR (kitten milk replacer) if they're not already. Cows milk doesn't have enough fat and has to much natural sugars. It can also cause diarrhea or loose stools.

Milk coming out the nose indicates that the kitten got too much milk too fast. There is a real danger of the kitten getting pneumonia if the milk gets into it's lungs. So slow and easy on the feeding.

If they are crying between feedings they may be too cold and need to be warmed up.

If you can't get KMR, I have a recipe for a goat's milk formula that I have raised many litters of kittens on. PM me if you need it.

Raising tiny kittens up to be loving companions is very rewarding and hard work.
Sending you and the kittens many good vibes.
thanks a lot! i really appreciates it! oh and one more thing, they seems to like searching for something to suck and like to suck my finger when they are on my lap, does they miss their mom?

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have read how to feed and care for them, but have never did it before now? You should really take them to the vet if you have never bottle fed babies. Milk coming out of their nose can mean they may have gotten some into their lungs, which can cause pneumonia! A vet can advise you on they way to feed, mixing formula, and everything else you need to know for your new babies. Kittens that young can go downhill very, very quickly. Please get them to the vet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miharu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

You have read how to feed and care for them, but have never did it before now? You should really take them to the vet if you have never bottle fed babies. Milk coming out of their nose can mean they may have gotten some into their lungs, which can cause pneumonia! A vet can advise you on they way to feed, mixing formula, and everything else you need to know for your new babies. Kittens that young can go downhill very, very quickly. Please get them to the vet!
i will try to find vet asap thanks!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just curious what happened to their mother? It is sad that they don't have her around anymore, they are so very young.