TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I am stuck
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I am stuck

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I think I pulled something in my neck. It really hurts.

I am lying on my side on the couch and I know that if I get up, it'll really hurt.

what to do? am I stuck here forever??
post #2 of 14
Yes, I think you are stuck there FOREVER

Awwww, I'm kidding, I have no idea what you can do..maybe take a bath in epsom salts? Thats if you can get to the bath

I hope you feel better soon Marie
post #3 of 14
I think unfortunately for it to get better you may have to remove yourself from the couch
post #4 of 14
Oh no... I´m so sorry about that my friend........
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
for you feel better!..
post #5 of 14
Unfortunately I think that Dragoriana is right, you might need to get up off the couch in order to fix your ouchie.

Aleve or some other pain killer might be helpful here as well as a Thermacare heating pack for your neck. It might loosen up the tight area somewhat.
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie-p View Post
I think I pulled something in my neck. It really hurts.

I am lying on my side on the couch and I know that if I get up, it'll really hurt.

what to do? am I stuck here forever??

Put some ice on the area, do it for 20 minutes every hour. You use ice for accute injuries such as sprains and strains and pulls. You use heat for chronic conditions such as arthritis.

Also take Ibuprophen IE: Advil or a generic brand. That helps to reduce swelling to the area.
post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Well, I'm up.

My neck has been like that all day. It especially hurts when I try to tilt it forward. Or sometimes when I try to tilt back or turn my head towards the right. Oh, and if I don't move, it'll hurt too.


I'll try to put something warm on it. I don't have a heating bag or anything like that, but I'm sure I can find something.
I'm a little hesitant to take a painkiller because if something is really injured, the pain is there to keep me from injuring it even more, isn't it?

I just feel awful.
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
Put some ice on the area, do it for 20 minutes every hour. You use ice for accute injuries such as sprains and strains and pulls. You use heat for chronic conditions such as arthritis.

Also take Ibuprophen IE: Advil or a generic brand. That helps to reduce swelling to the area.
Ok, I'll try something cold then. I'm not sure if I have any ice, but I do have some freezer-burnt frozen peas. I know there was a reason why I didn't throw them out.
post #9 of 14
Yes, do cold, and anti inflammatories. Cally
post #10 of 14
How did you injure your neck? If the pain persists you might want to get that checked out. A lot of people don't know what's lurking in their backs and necks until they injure it further.. or have an x-ray for something unrelated.
Try not to lift anything too heavy for a couple days and see if that helps.


I'm currently putting up with muscle spasm in my back, because Tomas decided to run into my leg and knock me on my butt. So take my advice - don't encourage cat tag.
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Wow. the frozen peas really help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
How did you injure your neck? If the pain persists you might want to get that checked out. A lot of people don't know what's lurking in their backs and necks until they injure it further.. or have an x-ray for something unrelated.
Try not to lift anything too heavy for a couple days and see if that helps.


I'm currently putting up with muscle spasm in my back, because Tomas decided to run into my leg and knock me on my butt. So take my advice - don't encourage cat tag.
I really don't know how this happened. Maybe from falling asleep on the couch last night in an uncomfortable position.
I have been having a lot of tension around my neck in the last few weeks too. That probably didn't help.

If it persists, I'll get it checked out.
post #12 of 14
I feel for ya! I've had my neck "lock up" on me too on more than one occasion. It's very painful. Usually it occurs when I've been under a lot of stress, or sleep in a weird position..

I always go to the chiropractor when mine acts up. I know a lot of peeps don't believe in chiropractors, but they've always benefitted me. There were times when my back (or neck) would go out on me really bad and I could barely walk or move, but a trip or two to the chiropractor took care of it.

Just a suggestion.... I hope you get to feeling better soon!

~KK~
post #13 of 14
I severly hurt my neck 10 yrs ago from washing my waist length hair over a bathtub with a too short shower hose & spray attachment. When it gets particularly painful I wear one of those cervical collars that keeps your neck straight from further damage until the ouchie resides.
post #14 of 14
Ah... if you don't recall injuring it, and you've been having tension in your neck for awhile... it might be something I think they call torticullis or torticolis, something like that. I've had it a few times in my life, always related to stressful situations. I would actually get so I was holding my head over to one side all the time, just walking around sideways. |-: <-- like that

If you've ever been prescribed muscle relaxants, you might try one of them now...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I am stuck