Our new Litter of Persians is here!!

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of our queens had her babies this morning. 6 in total!! So far, all of them look healthy. I will update with details and pictures later.

Valerie

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my gosh!! persian babies, i am melting just waiting for pictures and detailS!!
congrats!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well come on lady share share share.........SHARE from a fellow persian breeder, LOL

Caesar wants to see pics too

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's amazing that you had 6?!
We were happy when ours would always get 4. I heard that with persians, most will only have 1 or 2, but someone please correct me if I am wrong.
I can't wait for the pictures!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have had 4 or 5 withour litters of persians mostly. One girl always seems to have Three live births, must be her lucky number.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello. I promise to post pictures tonight. I have not had time yet to take them off the camera.

Duchess15, I was amazed beyond belief that she had 6. I was seriously not expecting that!! I think I am still in shock. Her previous litters have given us 3 with each. And with our other queens, the most we have had is 4. And she was not very large compared to her last litter. I expected 3 again this time with her.

With this litter, her 1st 3 were no more then 15 minutes apart. After the 3rd one, I waited about 30mintues with her to see if that was all she had. By that time she had started to relax and was falling asleep with the 3. She didn't really feel like she had any more in her, and it seemed if labor had stopped. So, I changed her bedding, gave clean blankets, weighted each kitten and wrote down any vital info and she went to sleep. I started doing a few things around the house. About 15 minutes after I left the nursery, I started to hear her cry again...and here was another kitty coming (45 minutes after the initial 3)...and 10 minutes later another...and about 14 minutes later another!! This is the biggest litter that we have had. I think it is very uncommon for a persian to have that many in one litter. I know of a fellow breeder who has had 6 once before (and only once)

So what we have: 3 himmys, a solid black, tortie, and a red.

Valerie

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry sadieandziggy, forgot to answer your question. I do have a waiting list, but not for all the kitties yet. Some are very specific on what color they want, and others just want a kitty.

I will post pics tonight of the babies.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool, and I remember the "think they are finished routine and go and change everything to a clean pillowcase, only to find out she's NOT finished"

You did get your little tortie you were hoping for
Hope she turns out typey enough to be shown

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Cool, and I remember the "think they are finished routine and go and change everything to a clean pillowcase, only to find out she's NOT finished"
Isn't that the truth. Clean everything up, start to put away the kittening kit, wash some of the towels and blankets...and then OH!! here comes another!!

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

You did get your little tortie you were hoping for
Hope she turns out typey enough to be shown
YEAH!! Yes I got her! Thank You, I hope she turns out nice too to be shown. It is hard to tell with a newborn what they are going to be. They can change soo much. I had a little boy from a prev litter that I was marking as a pet, but as he got older, the nicer he turned out. He did get sold as show and is doing great. I would not have marked him as a show though in the beginning. They change both ways though. Another girl that I though was very nice, ended up having an underbite and not that great of a coat. I am keeping my fingers crossed on her!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I research my rex lines pretty good. Could tell most of the kittens if show or pet quality from the time they were about a week old. I could spot the type, the coat had to wait, but most turned out very good, so I didn't worry about it much.

I had ONE kitten that was really pet quality (most would have championed or granded if shown) - she was so adorable but all wrong. Short body, no waves, short ears. She was a little bluecream (my only one) and kinda "dumb". But she was adopted by a young couple who had another male cat - and she latched on to him to the point of sitting outside the litter box for him to finish

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is a pic of all 6 of the babies at 2 days old. (the black and 1 of the himmys is no longer with us)