ARGH! This Just Makes Me Soooo Mad!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two of the strays that we feed have a home, but b/c their "owners" obviously don't care about their pets, they now come here every day to be fed.
One of the poor babies was half starved and so pathetic looking that I considered taking her in to be PTS: but I re-considered and decided to wait and see if some TLC & proper care & feeding would help. She looks soooo much better now, and her fur is becoming shiny and healthy looking, and she no longer has pus in her eyes.
I think she'll be okay.

I don't mind feeding them or looking after them, but it just irks me to no end that people like that continue to have pets, and then ignore & abuse them.
They also have dogs that are chained up, and who also look half-starved from what I can tell.
They obviously should not be allowed to have ANY pets!

I just wish I could rescue ALL the strays who don't have a good home.
I get so depressed & angry when I see animals being abused & mistreated like that..
Why do these people even bother to have pets, when they obviously don't care about them??

~KK~

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. My parents neighbors used to have a dog that they kept outside all the time. It had a dog house and the feed it and stuff but what's the point of getting a pet if your not going to pay attention to it. Ignoring a pet is a form a neglect too.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call the aspca, or the police. that is neglect, and is a criminal offense!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I totally agree with you!!!! I can't stand the thought of pets suffering and being neglected. All of my cats were strays/abused/unwanted cats.

You could call animal control, but will they confiscate the dogs, and put them down? Sorry, I don't know much about what they do after they get the animals. I hope they adopt them out, if they are able to.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Two of the strays that we feed have a home, but b/c their "owners" obviously don't care about their pets, they now come here every day to be fed.
One of the poor babies was half starved and so pathetic looking that I considered taking her in to be PTS: but I re-considered and decided to wait and see if some TLC & proper care & feeding would help. She looks soooo much better now, and her fur is becoming shiny and healthy looking, and she no longer has pus in her eyes.
I think she'll be okay.

I don't mind feeding them or looking after them, but it just irks me to no end that people like that continue to have pets, and then ignore & abuse them.
They also have dogs that are chained up, and who also look half-starved from what I can tell.
They obviously should not be allowed to have ANY pets!

I just wish I could rescue ALL the strays who don't have a good home.
I get so depressed & angry when I see animals being abused & mistreated like that..
Why do these people even bother to have pets, when they obviously don't care about them??

~KK~
If you're willing to give them this love and attention, which is obviousely helping, could there be a way for you to adopt them? The owners don't seem to even notice where they are or that you are doing them a great favour.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

If you're willing to give them this love and attention, which is obviousely helping, could there be a way for you to adopt them? The owners don't seem to even notice where they are or that you are doing them a great favour.
Believe me, I think about doing so all the time! But b/c we can't afford having anymore cats right now, and also b/c we have to worry about Geronimo & Winchester's FIP and their being exposed to any feline diseases, we can't. I would seriously consider it if we had the money to take the cats in to the vet to be tested for any diseases/viruses before jeopardizing G & W's health, but we just don't have the money.
We've already spent a small fortune on the cats we have now - especially for G & W's FIP meds, and already owe the vet. I still haven't been able to get Geronimo neutered yet, b/c we're waiting till we have the extra $$$ to do so..

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

Call the aspca, or the police. that is neglect, and is a criminal offense!
I've already checked into the local Humane Society - they were shut down for animal abuse.
And the cops don't give a
in this area (you'd have to live here to know what I mean). They (and the local judges) will let someone off the hook (even known drug suppliers/manufacturers) if they come up w/ the money to post their bail. No one cares around here..

I'm also afraid of what may happen to the other stray cats that we take care of if we did find a way to turn the neighbors in, and if they found out it was US. My s/o already had a run-in w/ them over their dogs and filthy Sanford & Son yard: they are the kind of people who would retaliate, and I'm home alone most of the time. I don't want to see it continue, but I'm afraid for my safety. These people cannot be trusted..

I don't know what to do, besides continuing to take care of them as best as I can, till we get the money to take them into the vet..

~KK~

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's a lot of animal neglect in our neighborhood, too. It really irritates me. I've already had to call animal control on the neighbor who wasn't feeding his dogs (at all!), and I'm very tempted to call on the lady who just lets her dog roam the neighborhood instead of taking her out properly to do what she needs to do.

As for cats, I suppose that we're lucky that we never had a big colony. Face is outside tonight, continually giving me miserable looks when I go out to check on her, but she's older and completely feral, too. Yet our neighbor and I are doing our darndest to get her tamed and turned in to a no-kill shelter for adoption (or we'll foster her until a permanent home can be found). I'm pretty sure that, like Molly, she was "turned out."

DH and I have determined that Baloo knows this house: we think he belonged to the previous tenant and got turned loose when she moved out. Poor boy!