The office.......what is yours?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you are working your butt off, they are eating a candy bar watching you and say "how's it going" as if they are going to put down their food and help you

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work with one "kid" who just takes constant advantage of everyone - our boss is way too laid back and really doesn't seem to care what this new kid does - he irritates everyone else in the office constantly!!! We are all pretty fed up with his long bathroom breaks so that he can talk on his cell phone, etc. And he is constantly whining about one thing or another!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is so glad she works alone!

I have a big office all by myself, two floors away from what could be considered a coworker. My biggest peeve is when they bother to come and visit and I am on the phone and they stand there like I should get off the business call because they are waiting

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine is when these salespeople wait til the last minute to correct their errors and it suddenly becomes my problem

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a nurse and don't have an office, but when I am charge nurse and am at the desk, that annoys me to no end are the constant personal phone calls coming in for some of the nurses.

It got to a point where I refused to go and get anyone and just took a message and when I saw the person I gave it. I never went seeking them out to pass on the message.

I figure when I'm at work I'm there to work. I don't take personal calls at work and I don't make personal calls at work either. If I have a call to make I do it on my break from a pay phone.

Another thing that bugs me is the fact that some of the staff spend so much time standing around socializing that they can't get their work done during their shift, and either leave it undone for the next shift or put in overtime so they can finish.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I work alone but when I was in office land what about those people who would either call in "sick" or get a call about their "sick" kids on a Monday or Friday!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Busybody control freak coworker who seems to feel that it is her business to constantly be telling people what they "should" do, when no one even asks for her opinion.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The person who has determined that I don't actually work at all, I just sit around doing nothing, even though I have been slammed and working my bum off constantly for months on end. But apparently doing work for the actual engineers isn't enough, and I must not be doing anything since I can't get her work done for her (internal office stuff - no deadlines) in the time frame that she wants it done.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Busybody control freak coworker who seems to feel that it is her business to constantly be telling people what they "should" do, when no one even asks for her opinion.
Oh dear, I think we work at the same place
I have the same problem with someone at work, actually, everyone does! She is SO annoying - that we all avoid her.

We have team leaders that think they are so great and when something goes wrong, they blame it on us.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
good question Susie,...

I have a co-worker that LOVE every begin of week, like that everyone ask to him how was their own weekend, and try to TELL to everyone how so funnie was on it!..

I agree that maybe you have something to tell to everyone but not always is the right time to tell to everybody!...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see I'm not the only one with gripes! Mine is walking into a place, after working there for almost 4 months, and having everyone ignore you, no goodmornings or anything! I have tried and tried and tried to be friendly with these people......but the guys just look right through you! And the GOSSIP! OH MY! I know we all gossip to a certain extent about fellow coworkers, etc ,but these women take it to the extreme. No sooner does someone leave the room then she's belittled! But to their faces, OH MY, it's kissy kissy! Just makes me want to puke!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I see I'm not the only one with gripes! Mine is walking into a place, after working there for almost 4 months, and having everyone ignore you, no goodmornings or anything! I have tried and tried and tried to be friendly with these people......but the guys just look right through you! And the GOSSIP! OH MY! I know we all gossip to a certain extent about fellow coworkers, etc ,but these women take it to the extreme. No sooner does someone leave the room then she's belittled! But to their faces, OH MY, it's kissy kissy! Just makes me want to puke!
Oh my - thats terrible! I would not put up with something like that!

Have you looked for any different employment, Susie?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Oh my - thats terrible! I would not put up with something like that!

Have you looked for any different employment, Susie?
Oh yeah, I have Kenz......just not alot of jobs out there that pay enough to cover the bills......... I'll keep looking though!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, this week my biggest pet peeve is my coworkers' apparent inability to proofread anything BEFORE they submit it to me for distribution. I'm getting ready for a meeting of our board this weekend, and they're forever sending me their FINAL reports and presentations, then calling me back and freaking out that they found an error in one of their slides. If they had proofread it FIRST they wouldn't be having this problem. But they never figure that out...the same people do this every single quarter.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it when my support staff are not on the ball..they are slow to complete things and it makes me look bad

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it when I ask my staff to do something and they look at me like my head just turned 180 degrees and I am spitting green slime out of my nose.

I am not speaking animal people, just do it the way I ask, it's the way it needs to be done and since I've been here since the dawn of time I think I know what I'm talking about. Don't argue with me about it, it just causes me to become irritated, that suddenly in your 3 months here you miraculously know more then me, about everything that goes on at that shop.

Also when people walk in late. That is another one of my pet peeves. If I'm on time why can't you be???

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

That's so bad!!!
Wasn't there a news article earlier this year where 4 women got fired for gossiping. Seriously, that sort of attitude brings the morale down at work.

The gossip is very limited to where I work. I was paranoid my first day because I could hear 2 people talking about me 2 cubes down (nothing mean, just "I didn't know she was starting..."). They did own up to it later by admitting what they said without me having to confront them. They told someone else in front of me "Oh Jenney must think we're horrible. She probably heard us talking about her from her cube" (trust me it was OK).

Later I found out that there isn't any tolerance for gossip at that office. Management has fired people in the past, not exactly for that, but mainly poor attitudes. So things are very limited as to what gets said.

As for me, my only pet peeve is the lady in the office behind me. OMG she talks to her friends all day about anything and everything and is LOUD about it. Sheesh! If you're going to get that personal on the phone close the door lady!!!
The girl in the cube next to me basically didn't say much, but did say that I would feel like i was office lady's best friend quickly. She asked if I felt like today and oh boy do I ever!!!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When you work your a** off to do something for someone and you don't even get a "Thank You!!" or Great Job!!!"

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here Susie, if you do make any friends at work, you might like this game:
http://store.cherrygames.com/vlg-103464.html

I found it a couple of years ago when I worked in an office that had a bad case of favoritism by the managers. The people I trusted, I bought that for them as a gift. We had a good time with it.

For example, some cards will say:

BUSTED! Surfing Adult Sites on the Internet

PROMOTION Dating the boss' daughter

DEMOTION Using the office equipment inappropriately (has picture of guy photocopying his butt)

PROPOSAL Take credit for a coworker's idea

etc...