Hi from Pendraig Siberians

pendraig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My name is Dawn. I raise Siberian Cats, a forest cat from Russia.

I have owned cats most of my life, or rather they owned me. Prior to being a breedr i helped catch, tame and rehome feral cats off the street and deal with some rescue situations. Unfortunately the only help i can offer now is donations from kitten sales because i can't risk bringing home disease to my cattery.

I raise my cats in our home as part of our family, which they are. When they let me i will post a picture of my new stud to be, a 2nd generation Pendraig Siberian Cat. His name is Pendraig Aslan Sunfire. He is a cream smoke with white, i believe as he matures he will be cream solid which is very rare.

I also have a gorgeous blue girl from CICA cattery pictured next. She is also being shown once i get back to campaigning after giving birth to my gorgeous newborn son.

I look forward to meeting ya'll and hope i can lend a helping hand with my knowledge of nutrition, health and genetics!

Regards,

Dawn
Pendraig Siberians

kizza07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HEY!!!
Im new too!! My thread is below yours!!
You can call me kizza - but if you read my thread, youll read all about me anyway!!!
Welcome!!
Thats great that you are having a child!!! And a little boy!!! Congratulations!! A little one to help with the cattery!!
Looking forward to hearing about your little chap and the wonderful animals that you own!! Any photos?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pendraig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have tons of photos but can't post them for some reason? I guess i'm too new still. you can go to my profile though and see my webpage and get to the cat photos that way.

Pictures of the baby (Gabriel is his name, 10 weeks old!) aren't up on a website yet. Besides his dad, my hubby, he's the love of my life! =)

And the cats and our dog love him already. Though the cats don't understand why they aren't allowed to sleep with him.

It's so nice to "meet" you! =)

Dawn
Pendraig Siberians

pendraig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks!

Here is one of my girls from CICA cattery. Both these photos are by Helmi Flick.

Dawn
Pendraig Siberians

kizza07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pendraig

Thanks!

Here is one of my girls from CICA cattery. Both these photos are by Helmi Flick.

Dawn
Pendraig Siberians
aww!! Luff her!!! Its a shame i cant afford you seal point!!
I looooove him!! That is - ALEXANDER!!!

pendraig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah to the right home i'd knock the price down to next to nothing but he can't be shipped =/. He's very sensitive and i don't think would handle flying well.

He's a sweet boy though and needs a quieter house to live in. My new baby scares him with the crying.

He loves other cats though and tolerates dogs if they leave him alone.

Dawn

kizza07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Ah to the right home i'd knock the price down to next to nothing but he can't be shipped =/. He's very sensitive and i don't think would handle flying well.

He's a sweet boy though and needs a quieter house to live in. My new baby scares him with the crying.

He loves other cats though and tolerates dogs if they leave him alone.

Dawn
Lol - yeah i didnt realise that you werent australian - until i re-read you website!!!
DAMN!!!
i probably wouldnt be allowed another - not with 3 cats, 1 dog, 4 horses and probably a sheep or goat to come (to keep pattersons curse (the weed) away from our farm)

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Dawn, welcome to TCS!

So glad you've joined us!
Your Siberians are gorgeous.

As you learn your way around our site,
if you have questions, I would be happy to help you.
Feel free to contact me by clicking on my user name,
then send me a Private Message.
I will get back to you asap.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Dawn
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your gorgeous kitties to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

pendraig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for making me feel so welcome.

I love here already!

I'm expecting kittens in a couple of months and i'll be sure to share all the cute photos! =)

Dawn

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome
- your cats are so gorgeous! After looking at your homepage, I can't help but wonder if my Ferris has Siberian blood in him - he seems to closely resemble one of your Kings!

Would you mind taking a peek at him and tell me what you think?

(I know he's just a former feral LH mix, but he's HUGE and FLUFFY and I figure he has some large breed in there somewhere!
)

His picture is in this thread - he's the big ginger one, LOL...

pendraig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If he has a triple coat he very well could be, he looks a lot like my foundation line male Ivan. He's very pretty and so cute!

Dawn
Pendraig Siberians

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How would I know it's a triple coat - he's ALL fur. I thought he was overweight until I had him shaved in May, and I was shocked to see how thin he really is!

I know he has longer guard hairs that are coarser than the angora-like fluff closer to the skin, and his longest fur is wavy, like crimped with a crimping iron. His underfur floats on the air, and he's soft like a bunny.

pendraig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds a lot like a triple coat! =) It feels really cottony but not necessarily really soft. it's extremely thick and good for snow. The Russian and Siberian winters are extremely harsh and these cats were feral street/woods cats.

Dawn

Pendraig Siberians

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sounds a lot like a triple coat! =) It feels really cottony but not necessarily really soft. it's extremely thick and good for snow. The Russian and Siberian winters are extremely harsh and these cats were feral street/woods cats.

Dawn

Pendraig Siberians
I just did a little research on the triple coat, and I'll be darned! He does have one!

At first I thought he had Maine Coon in him, but his facial features and coat were too different. Reading up on the Siberian, he has a great deal of characteristics that fit the "standard," except that he's just over a year old and therefore would need a few more years to make the guess definitive.

Interesting - I'm glad you showed up here!
Now I can say that Ferris "takes after" the Siberian cousins.