Is there some sort of device that chills water, for a Drinkwell fountain, for example

coldfusion

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think the Drinkwell Platinum is almost perfect, except it still doesn't keep the water that much cooler than room temperature.

If there were only some device you could pop on the bottom that would somehow cool the water, it would be perfect.

I don't suppose someone knows of something that can do this? Thanks.

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
While I am not familiar with the fountains, to chill the water I will drop an ice cube into the bowl. The cats will look at it and give me a look that 'hey you. you put something in my bowl. get it out'. after a few moments they will paw at it and play with it till it is gone. That is what I do to chill my cats water from time to time.

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure why you want the water cooler, is it better for the cats?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Room temperature water is easier for the cat's bodies to process, just as it is with humans.

In the summer when I think they could benefit from cooler water, I drop several ice cubes into the fountain.

eggytoast

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We tried ice cubes in the summer, it was a great way for Juniper to learn that his water bowl is an amazingly fun toy. We decided that when it's hot in the house, we'll just fill it up a little more frequently with fridge-water.

Even then, he drinks from it the same whether it's room temp or cold.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Room temperature water is easier for the cat's bodies to process, just as it is with humans.

In the summer when I think they could benefit from cooler water, I drop several ice cubes into the fountain.

I only use ice cubes when it is really hot, and they seem to like to play with them and make their water dirty more than anything when there is ice in there. I find the water in fountains is slightly cooler than if just left in a bowl generally.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coldfusion

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Really? I always found that whenever I have a tall glass of water by me when I'm working at my computer, my kittah always jumps up and drinks out of my cup, and I figured it was cuz the water cold.

Maybe she just find its curious after all.